Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #1651
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just as I read this he came out, sat for a few seconds looking at me then disappeared. LOL I think this one is gonna make it, he's so much more animated.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #1652

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Just as I read this he came out, sat for a few seconds looking at me then disappeared. LOL I think this one is gonna make it, he's so much more animated.
Yay! Go banana Jr. Jr!!! Lol. I hope he makes it too! (Ps... If my parents ever let me get a saltwater... I'm getting a banana! Lol... They're so awesome!) good luck with him!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #1653

Still here and still reading. Glad to hear this banana is more promising
Old 07-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #1654

Speaking of which... How is banana today?!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #1655
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

he swims an awful lot near the top of the water. I'mnot sure if thats a good thing. lol He also started sifting little piles of sand today. Thank goodness this one is doing well. I got him at the same shop that I got the fish that poisoned my 125g. SO far I've gotten 1 bad fish outta say 30-40 fish/creatures.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
he swims an awful lot near the top of the water. I'mnot sure if thats a good thing. lol He also started sifting little piles of sand today. Thank goodness this one is doing well. I got him at the same shop that I got the fish that poisoned my 125g. SO far I've gotten 1 bad fish outta say 30-40 fish/creatures.
So sifting sand = good, + swimming at the top = possibly bad... == I'd call him ok lol. I sure hope he makes it!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #1657
Aquarium Advice Addict

How's your temp in there? Sorry but I did all that reading and now my head has too much info at the moment and trying to sort it out and then some things just kinda got stuck in my head while others flew out the window. One of the things that stuck is.... one of the reasons for swimming at the top (alot of people think it's just a breathing issue) is if the temperature is too warm because the top is cooler.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #1658
Aquarium Advice FINatic

top is usually warmer not cooler, lights are closer to the top. when first introduced thy will sometimes swim around until they find a suitable burrow. use a tiny piece of thin pvc pipe like 1 inch diameter and make him a burrow visible to you, its very cool. good luck with banana!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #1659
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I'm thinking on going to visit the mandarin that is waiting for me. It's been in qt for 2 weeks so far. See, the thing is, if I go I know I will wanna take it home with me. LOL

What should I do? Not go, go and not bring him home or go and have my mandarin tomorrow? Or this week at least.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #1660
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by classklown90 View Post
top is usually warmer not cooler, lights are closer to the top. when first introduced thy will sometimes swim around until they find a suitable burrow. use a tiny piece of thin pvc pipe like 1 inch diameter and make him a burrow visible to you, its very cool. good luck with banana!

Sorry, what I read was what you said, I relayed it backwards, thank you.

Hey Carey, ignore my post about the temperature, I reversed the info. Sorry.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com