Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #1701
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Fishavenger yoy are being extraordinarily rude, you made your point, move on. If people take your advice so much the better if not stop arguing, unless you have another point, you are repeating the same thing time and time again. Carey has been planning for this mandarin for a long time, she is ready if you still dont think so, wait and see. Its not a simple misunderstanding if nobody else agrees with you, unless it is one on your part. Now please for the third, fourth or maybe fifth time please stop.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #1702

If people (like yourself) would stop trying to speak for the OP, I wouldn't have to address people individually. I understand this to be a common courtesy, perhaps I'm mistaken on that.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #1703
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyfish View Post
I know I'm skipping all the drama in between this post, but I thought they were holding one for you? Why did they make you separate a pair? Just wondering, seems like they were holding it but then it ended up being two? Maybe they weren't "holding" these for as long as you think?

They have been holding one for me, I guess he was hoping I would take them both. lol They weren't a mated pair just a girl and a boy. The male was really really much larger than the one I got and he also had other ORA mandarins in other tanks. This is the shop I got the ill tang from and he promised me he would hold one aside, in a separate system away from his regular stock which he treats with low level copper. This was all due to the issue with the caribbean that I bought from his shop, he was doing me a favor. Or maybe he just wanted me to be able to pick a male or female, I was so excited I didn't ask. lol

I picked the fish that ate readily and was a little on the fat side.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #1704
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh, it was mentioned about the algae and pods, I have that phenomenon going on in the 125g now. I'm leaving the back wall full of thin algae for the blenny & sea hare and it is loaded with pods. Not those tiny ones either, that big fat squiggly ones. lol Do you think the sea hare eats them as he grazes? I know the blenny eats them.....

And without further ado here is a good picture of my baby. Check out the mag float hes under, see those pods? They made a home in there.

And a shot of the citron goby, can you see how fat he is? I think I have a serious feeding issue.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #1705
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your mandarin is beautiful! Uhmm dumb question...where are the pods? I don't know what I'm looking at? Can you try to get a closer shot? The little reading I've done shown them Hugh so I dont know what they really look like when looking at the tank.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #1706
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

On the black thing above his head to the right is a black mag float which has a curve in it for the curves of the biocube, well, theres velcro on the inside part of the tank thats scrapes, the little white things that are in the velcro. The bright white one is a sand granule but the other white things are little pods. Occasionally a large one will take up residence in it but its usually the smaller ones. I kick em off every few days so they hopefully get to the rock. lol
Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #1707
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks found them. They just look like white dots to me LOL. I'll have to look on my laptop when o get home. I'm looking forward to the day I get a mandarin

Long time away but I don't mind. Tomorrow I get to move my rock and play with my tank

How's your tang? Better?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 AM   #1708
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well that took 4 days to read though but well worth it. As I just ordered a 28g jbj cube hqi should be in within 2-6 weeks so stand by for mike's cube bulid. The tank looks great by the way!!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:08 AM   #1709
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am majorly jealous. The mandarin is in my eyes the best looking fish ever, he's in good hands with you though carey
Old 07-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #1710
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks guys, I hope she'll do as well as the scooter.

Buffy, the tang was probably just stressed, those brown tinges went away the next day.

And we LOVE build threads here, so make sure we get to see everything! It saves me soo much money reading them so I don't feel the need to start another tank! LOL

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com