Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #1721
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

I also have named my mandarin, real original here, but it's mandy the mandarin. She looks like a mandy too! LOL

So any ideas folks?

Thanks so much!!
I was thinking Mandy too! Great minds... Lol

1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #1722
Aquarium Advice Addict

Carey, not sure if you seen my pervious post on you name choice.. however I too have names for my fish.. was just indicating poeple who name their fish like me are a rare breed..

Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #1723
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I only name some of my fish, its kinda a hit or miss thing, the fish has to have a name that means something to me or else I don't bother. Though I didn't name my b&w clowns and I loved them something awful. Nothing came to me with them lol.

I mean the names I have arent all that nice either.
We have ugly, the idiotic fish(two cichlids), spike, benga, big blue, blue 2, dopey goby, benny, candy and mandy. Hmm never realized we have names for alot of our fish hehe...maybe theres a pattern here.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #1724
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I only name some of my fish, its kinda a hit or miss thing, the fish has to have a name that means something to me or else I don't bother. Though I didn't name my b&w clowns and I loved them something awful. Nothing came to me with them lol.

I mean the names I have arent all that nice either.
We have ugly, the idiotic fish(two cichlids), spike, benga, big blue, blue 2, dopey goby, benny, candy and mandy. Hmm never realized we have names for alot of our fish hehe...maybe theres a pattern here.

I plan on naming mine, does that make me a member of this rare weird group>

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #1725
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL buffy.....yep, you can join the club.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #1726
Aquarium Advice Activist

I didn't realize most people didn't name their fish. Every one of mine has a name. Even the inverts have names in my tank. Maybe that comes with having a six year old.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #1727
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Also, getting some red algae, havent had this before so I'm kinda unsure on how ti get rid of it. I've been sucking it up with the siphon during pwcs and I have been doing some larger pwcs' as well. I horridly overfeed this tank seeing as it has the scooter and the mandarin and they can be so picky! LOL

Thanks so much!!
Are you getting cyano algae?? Like the red slime?

I've used this on a few of my tanks, it works like magic . Didn't harm any corals or inverts.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #1728
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I'm getting some red slime lately, I'm sure it's due to my overfeeding the tank. I've been doing twice weekly water changes and it's helped some. I'll have to give that stuff a try, I've heard nothing but good about it.

Thanks Kelsey!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #1729
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
LOL buffy.....yep, you can join the club.
woohoo doing the jig

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #1730
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey, i know I haven't been on in a really long time but I just wanted to tell you that this tank you are doing is a real inspiration to me. I love the ambitions of keeping a mandarin goby and just wanted to say keep with it.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com