Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #1731
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Took some pictures of the cube today, even caught banana out of the rocks! Mandy the mandarin is so social, I think she might like the camera.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #1732
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

And though it's not real impressive here is a full tank shot. I really need to get some color in here! LOL

Old 08-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #1733
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sweet. Is that the Green Mandarin?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #1734
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
And though it's not real impressive here is a full tank shot. I really need to get some color in here! LOL

See I put my rock like that and it falls over, I'm also afraid if I can move it then so can the fishes and burrowers.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 08-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1735
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've got some real large base pieces in there on the bottom, theres only like 6 rocks in total. The piece on top is actually very light and sits perfect on top of the others. This was my last re arranging when I tried that, it seems to be holding up well. Luckily I have no burrowers in the cube, just my special needs fish.

And thats a blue mandarin, I didnt like the regular ones. LOL I have to be different. It's an ORA too, but I don't see that benefiting me at the moment, she isn't feeding like I want her too on the prepared, just some here and there. She may be moving to the 125g to be sure she has enough food.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #1736
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I've got some real large base pieces in there on the bottom, theres only like 6 rocks in total. The piece on top is actually very light and sits perfect on top of the others. This was my last re arranging when I tried that, it seems to be holding up well. Luckily I have no burrowers in the cube, just my special needs fish.

And thats a blue mandarin, I didnt like the regular ones. LOL I have to be different. It's an ORA too, but I don't see that benefiting me at the moment, she isn't feeding like I want her too on the prepared, just some here and there. She may be moving to the 125g to be sure she has enough food.

That's where I'm confused, depending on which site you are on, the green and the blue mandarin are one and the same. The red mandarin is just that red, and so is the spotted, anyway which ever name it goes by, the one you have is the one I want to get some day.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #1737
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, yeah I know they have so many ones. The spotted one was the green one that wasn't snazzy enough for my liking.

She's a wonderful fish though, you'll like having one. Other than worrying about the eating I don't regret picking her up and waiting all those weeks for her to come in. I just hope she doesnt get lost in the 125g when she moves over. She's in the cube now right next to my computer so I can see her all day, I'll miss that.....
Old 08-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #1738
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can you have more than one mandarin?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #1739
Aquarium Advice Addict

well carey dont move the lil cutie then
xxwolfpackof1xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #1740
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm pretty sure I've seen people with more than one but you'd have to have a heck of a pod population to sustain two. there was a male when I got mandy, but I didn't wanna try 2 at a time. I actually think if they arent a mated pair that they can be aggressive to each other. Just something I read somewhere....

Wolfpack, where have you been lately? I don't see any threads with fish from you!! LOL

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com