Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #1761
Aquarium Advice Freak

Congratulations, Carey! Nice photo!

1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #1762
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks!!

No news to report on this tank, mandy is still kinda eating frozen foods and banana is still being anti social. LOL

On a good note though ALL my red algae has disappeared without me having to add anything! Very pleased about that.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #1763
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's great! I wish my green algae just disappeared!
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #1764
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I;m not sure how it happened. I had a boatload of red algae on mostly one entire rock, thew only thing I can think of was that the a/c went out the other day and the cube hit 90 degrees!! I had ice cubes in ziploc bags trying to get the temperature down lol, but the next day the red was all gone.

I may have burned it out, hoping it doesnt come back.

I still have a pesky aiptasia I need to plunge, I just keep putting it off. hehe...

You have snails and hermits right? Maybe you need a few more
Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #1765
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to maxst2 Send a message via MSN to maxst2 Send a message via Yahoo to maxst2 Send a message via Skype™ to maxst2
Carey, Ive noticed that cyano is effected by a few things, but mainly nutrients and largely by the water flow.

Adding and/or adjusting PH's will help.

Your aiptasia issue... might be lucky and get a peppermint shrimp that'll eat those up
Old 08-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #1766
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have three peppermints in the tank and they havent touched it. lol Its just one single one, I've had it since I started the cube. I actually think I'll miss it once I do kill it. hehe

I know my tank is nutrient rich cause of all the feeding I do for my special needs fish. I may put the 750 koralia back in, that had great water flow!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #1767
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to maxst2 Send a message via MSN to maxst2 Send a message via Yahoo to maxst2 Send a message via Skype™ to maxst2
Yeah put that 750 back in. Mine will have a rio 6F return and a 750. Just below the overflow colliding with the return outflow. I should have lots of flow
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #1768
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's that time again, time to buy some fish! I found black clowns for 23.99 each so I think I am gonna get a pair. I want to first put them in the cube then maybe move them over to my new tank that I'll be building.

I know this will totally overstock me for now but I dont think I can pass up the price. lol Plus all the fish in the cube now are rock dwellers and perchers, nothing actually swims around.

I'm also gonna get a pair of coral banded shrimp for the 125g and maybe a handful of emerald crabs and spread them between the cube and the pico.

That sound like a plan to you guys? I'm getting excited just thinking about it! hehe
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #1769
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's an awesome price!

What all do you have in your tank in terms of flow and filtration?

I'll have a tunze 9002 skimer intank media basket with carbon, phosban, and filter floss. Korlia 750, and the return pump is a rio 6F.

I think all the fish you'll have will be ok.

Also... that is an awesome price for black and whites!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #1770
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm running a media basket and fuge mod with led light in the back center compartment. I don't run a skimmer. I use chemipure elite, purigen and filter pad in the baskets. I keep chaeto in the fuge.

I only have the 425 koralia in there right now, usually I have the koralia 750 running. Still using the stock return pump too.

So far I'm very pleased with the tank and the mods.

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com