Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #1771
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to maxst2 Send a message via MSN to maxst2 Send a message via Yahoo to maxst2 Send a message via Skype™ to maxst2
Yeah I'd say if you keep up doing usual water change you'll be OK.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #1772
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, pwc's are a religion with me. Due to my overfeeding I run nitrates at about 5 but other than that everything is stable.

I;m hoping to have the new tank up in a month or so, I figure I can move the clowns into that tank. I want the new tank to be primarily corals so I dont want any bottom dwellers.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #1773
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to maxst2 Send a message via MSN to maxst2 Send a message via Yahoo to maxst2 Send a message via Skype™ to maxst2
oh 5 is nothing... When it gets high is an issue like 20+
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #1774
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think I would have a stroke if any of my tanks got to 20 nitrates. LOL I'm running 5 in 3 of my sw tanks and 0 in my 125g.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #1775
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So here are the new clowns. they have started eating already and seem to be doing well. But I do have a question.

They were sold as australian black perculas....are there such a thing? I thought the b&w's were a strain of oscellaris? Aren't perculas more prone to aggression than the regular nemos?

I also added two emerald crabs and a tiny cleaner shrimp, all three are now lost in the rockwork. lol

And my YWG is NOT happy. He is almost white now and keeps doing the open mouth lunging at my scooter who just blows him off. LOL

Since the cube is overstocked now I plan on moving the clowns to my new build once it gets up and running.

Since the mandarin has picked up her eating habits I think I will keep her in the cube.

One other thing that was mentioned was to add a pistol shrimp for the YWG. Ihave one in my 125g with a pink watchman but they have yet to interact and it's been months. I also had some unexplained cleaner shrimp deaths in there and it could be the pistol shrimp. I just don't want thepistol to harass any of the delicate fish I have in the cube, like my tiny mandy or even the tiny cleaner.....

Here are the clowns...one is def more orange than the other and there is quite a size difference as well between them.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #1776
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't you let no one mess with sweet lil mandy now.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #1777
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Here's a picture of the YWG, he is pretty much white now with black stripes. I hope he snaps out of it soon, it's not like the new clowns are anywhere near him and the two crabs haven't bothered him either.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #1778
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
so much for last tank threads!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #1779
Aquarium Advice Freak

so many saltwater tanks...i wish i lived at your house :P
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #1780
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticeel View Post
so many saltwater tanks...i wish i lived at your house :P

I wish you did too, you could help me out!! LOL j/k

I just spent the morning cleaning out a tank I'm selling and cleaning out filter socks. fun fun...

And that's just the beginning of my day.

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com