Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #1861
Aquarium Advice Addict

what was in the tank with the fire fish? Just clowns and a goby right? I don't think it was stress. He must have been sick when you got him

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #1862
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, the tankmates are all very mellow pretty much. Theres the mandarin, scooter, goby, clowns and a YWG. theres also 3 peppermints and a cleaner. I have only like 4 or 5 hermits and about 15 nassarius snails. Thats it. The clowns being the most aggressive. The firefish was eating and swimming around last night seemed fine. But I guess I can't expect much for $6

Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #1863
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you trust your lfs dude? Because he might have lowered the price of it because of it being sick or something.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #1864
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My firefish goby disappears for days at a time. The clownfish annoy it and it hides deep in the rockwork. It's getting a little braver, I'm seeing it more and more, but I don't worry anymore when I don't see it for a couple of days.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #1865
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It was at the reef club meeting I went to yesterday. It was held at a very reputable store. It was one of their BIG sale items that day, the place was packed with pushing and shoving. LOL

He had a whole tank of them obviously cause of the price being so low. They are usually $18 or so, I've been thinking of getting one for some time.

On a happier note, I FINALLY added some corals to the cube. Just took the huge xenia from the 125g and a mushroom rock from the 20g. lol But it looks better now I think. I'm gonna find a few more pieces for it too very soon. I'm thinking a leather and a frogspawn and some more mushrooms. And of course some zooas, I may frag some out of my 125g and add those. woot!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1866
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candymom View Post
My firefish goby disappears for days at a time. The clownfish annoy it and it hides deep in the rockwork. It's getting a little braver, I'm seeing it more and more, but I don't worry anymore when I don't see it for a couple of days.

really? I didn't know that about firefish...Thanks!

Do you remove any rockwork to look for yours when he goes missing? Should I bother or give it another day?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #1867
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yay! I'm sure it will come up! You'll probably spook it out when you add some corals. Pics por favor

Old 11-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #1868
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just took a couple quick shots, I totally re arranged the rock from the way it was. I will most likely be digging for a firefish today or tomorrow so I'll probably re arrange again. lol I know it's a meager beginning, but it's a start.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #1869
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol in the last photo the goby is so cute! Nice aquascape!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #1870
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Just took a couple quick shots, I totally re arranged the rock from the way it was. I will most likely be digging for a firefish today or tomorrow so I'll probably re arrange again. lol I know it's a meager beginning, but it's a start.
Wow, the new rockwork looks absolutely amazing! I love your Xenia and mushrooms in there too!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com