Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol i can't wait to get miine cycled but according to the fedex tracker weve still departrd from WI and it hasnt been scanned sence 5am yesterday so my kits out there somewhere at least you have your stuff Carey

Ok so the water that thew rocks was in tests at 0 for ammonia and trites and the trates are at 20.

Looks like it cycled in my bucket! I missed all the fun. LOL

So can I put some snails adn cuc in ya think guys?

I have no plans for fish for a week or two at least. Just wanted something I can look at. And to test the waters so to speak.

I'd still add some ammonia source, even if just some flakes. Some may say its not necessary, but if you're cycled it won't hurt a thing. Just simulating the fish that are gonna go in there anyhow, so if they take the ammonia from the flakes, it'll be ready for the ammonia from the fish. Piece of mind starting up a new tank is always good, especially since you don't plan on adding fish right away anyhow.

Not trying to start anything here but his ammonia source is still die off from his lr that was not fed ammonia. That stuff is still dying and feeding other bacteria.

That being said there is no harm in adding an ammonia source and waiting a day, at the same time a cycled tank is a cycled tank...

I'm gonna go look at getting some more LR. i think 2 small pieces should it. :)

Might pick up some snails and hermits if they got em. i have faith that the tank won't spike. hehe I hope it wont anyways

Wow carey! Following this thread now! Very cool stuff!

And without further ado here ya go. :-D

I picked up 10 hermits and 5 snails for this tank.
i also got another 6 lbs of really purple live rock too. Looks great in the tank.

img_1316419_0_9c6c45bdc9db896cd63cb016d2e85c7d.jpg

img_1316419_1_f9cc1436a67c4047c0d724268d8f34b6.jpg

img_1316419_2_79d0b74fd5c10b82bc8ec25902b3273e.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeep!!! Awesome!!!! I can't remember, what was your stocking plan? Sorry, I can check back, cause I'm on my iPod. Maybe I'll be able to find it if I look back after I post...

I plan on designer clowns, two candycane gobie, a blenny and the mandarin is up in the air. prob will wait til end of the year and put it in my 55g.

Oh and betta, I saw the MOST awesome guppie today. I wish I had the tank ready for them! LOL

Back
Top Bottom