Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #221
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
My b&w oscellaris look just like those australian ones and they were alot cheaper! lol
Do you have a pic??? Do you kno how much this site charges for shipping and handling

Old 04-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't buy from aquacon, they're not very reputable at all

Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #223
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Looking at:
Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Denģ - Synchiropus marmoratus

Same as a mandarin pretty much?

i also really like this guy:

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Denģ - Atrosalarias fuscus
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #224
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, dragonets.

And LOL little fat blenny, he's cute. You a fan of the Starry Blenny? Or Tailspots stay small
Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #225
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was interested in the starry. I really want another blenny, soo much personality. I like the little yellow fat guy alot though. So Cute!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #226
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think it's just because it's young.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #227
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

**SIGH** I am in the market for a 29 BioCube. The leaks will not stop and I've siliconed the entire thing all the way around and starting up the sides.

I found one on Amazon for 250. I'm gonna have to wait til the end of the month though I think. Well, maybe. I have way too much money invested in this cube setup already. Now I have to empty it again and move the rock into my vacant 29g tank until I get a new biocube.

Anyone else with a cube have any leaking issues? The more reviews I read the more I'm convinced it's a natural occurence.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #228
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Your just gonna need to be patient with the silicone. you need to fully empty the tank, remove the damaged areas of silicone, rub it with rubbing alcohol, then let it dry for a while, overnight is probably for the best, you don't want to rush this. The area needs to be completely dry because silicone will not stick to a wet surface, then after that the silicone needs to cure for at least 24 hours. I would wait 48 hours though because being patient with it will probably save you a lot of time and frustration.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yah you are going to have to re-silicone it properly to save it. I have a leak in my jbj nanocube but i have read they are a better brand as far as leaks. The one i have is along the top seam and only leaks when i have it topped off right to the top, then its a really slow drip. I just left it and every few days there is some salt creep build up that i wipe off (it's near the back so not noticeable either).

I really really like that blenny, super cute! The scooter blennys are also great, I have one in my seahorse tank and he is a piggy, like really really fat! I here they are easier to get eating frozen foods as well. Mine has always eaten frozen so no experience in training them haha sorry.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #230
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's not just leaking from the glass area now. Now anything with a seam is leaking. it's kinda hard to explain. lol Theres the plastic frame that goes around the whole thing and thats also leaking. near where the fill line is, the min maximum window? Its' leaking underneath there too.

It's literally leaking from everywhere.

My plan to emoty the cube and move it to my 29g seems the only solution for right now. Maybe when its empty again I can get a better idea, but I think it's ebay time.

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com