Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #241
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well yeah isn't your tank still dry as of now? LOL

Anyway, back on topic. As far as this hobby $100 isnt a lot of money, sadly. And yeah, you can definitely piece what you can out.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #242
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've bought several of my setups including my 125g from craigslist and had no problem. Just odds i guess weren't in my favor forever. The thing is the guy who sold it seemed soo legit. He lived in a 500k house, was driving a lexus and he wouldn't budge one dollar on the price. I guess i just assumed. Fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice, shame on me. LOL

I still have to get the sand out, do you think it would be ok for a week or two in a bucket?

Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #243
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, if you want you can dry it out so it doesn't get nasty or smelly
Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #244
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not sure if I'm gonna replace it next week or the following week. I really really wanna order a new one now. lol

I was going to keep water in with the sand too or is that a bad idea? So much for my live sand, huh? hehe
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #245
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm sure you were careful when transporting it, but it could have been fine for him, and moving it loosened something?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #246
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxb161 View Post
I'm sure you were careful when transporting it, but it could have been fine for him, and moving it loosened something?
Either that or the rock. He had it almost full up with no rock. It was fine for me for one day with water then i put the rock in and it just gave way. :-(
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #247
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Not sure if I'm gonna replace it next week or the following week. I really really wanna order a new one now. lol

I was going to keep water in with the sand too or is that a bad idea? So much for my live sand, huh? hehe

You can. If you're okay with it possibly smelling. That's all I think would happen
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #248
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDreamInSaltwater View Post
Well yeah isn't your tank still dry as of now? LOL

Anyway, back on topic. As far as this hobby $100 isnt a lot of money, sadly. And yeah, you can definitely piece what you can out.
Leak testing was on for this week but it keeps raining. Plus new = replacement if it won't hold water

Carey, It can always become live again. I'd just drain it until it's covered, obviously it may not stay live depending on how long it takes to replace the tank, but keeping water in a leaking tank would make me nervous.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #249
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, I have about an inch of water in yet with the sand. Just not looking forward to scooping out all of it. LOL
Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #250
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
Now it's easy. Leave it and scoop into new tank!

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com