Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I threw some serious flake in this morning. And I added 3 pieces of that purple live rock too. Could be die off.

Off topic question, where can I edit my picture and profile? I do this on my iPad and I don't see the option anywhere

There isn't anything to eat the food so I thought it would obvious that it would spike, or am I incorrect?

Yep, Flake, that's why we are waiting til next week to even consider fish. lol

I figure the lr is doing the ammonia and since I have more nitrates now than I did earlier i can tell some of the cycle is working, just not up to par yet I suppose. It's only 15lbs of LR.

Incorrect. If nothing eats it there should still be enough bacteria to take care of it.

If it spikes that easily, it's not cycled.

There isn't anything to eat the food so I thought it would obvious that it would spike, or am I incorrect?

A cycled tank should take that ammonia and make it trites and then go to trates. The aqmmonia source is the flake food instead of fish waste. if i had put fish in the same thing would have happened

Ohhhh I get it now :) thank you. I was mistaken in the cycle

I've got the bacteria it's just not up to snuff I don't think. Would you agree flake? My strong suit def isnt cycling. lol I've only really done it once and that only took a week.

I just found a really really cool hot pink psedochromis. Only grows to 3 inches. I'm thinking putting it in the 55g. I think I'm gonna be overstocked in the cube

Back
Top Bottom