Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
So do you like the rocks? Should I make a more elaborate design? I want there to be alot of swimming room since I'm getting so many fish.

I think the rocks look great.

The place i got them doses huge amounts of purple up to their rock tanks. I see them do it all the time. lol I picked the most porous rocks and then went by color. I really hope the coralline spreads. :) I've got enough of it. Theres even some in my back compartment.

Exactly. Don't make it more confusing than it has to be. I don't does anything. Well, to be honest I use stuff but only occasionally. I may dose some purple up once a week tops. I used to dose trace elements once a week too. But keep in mind, I totally DO NOT dose with anything I can't test for. Ever.

Salt mix should be all that you need. I just bought alot of stuff early on and am using it up.

ah i hear you. i bought prime and saltmix on amazon. kinda happy about gettiin prime lol. im scoping out all my rocks for frag holes lol. did you see the picture of my most recent scape?

lemme pop over to your build thread. :)

Do you think I should change my rock around again? I kinda like it, but it's stacked against the back wall. grrr..I'm so uncertain lol

Theres about 2.5 inches at least on both sides. I wanted to be sure I could clean the glass. :)

I can't clean the back so I figured I'd try that way. I don't brace off the glass though in any other tank. With the amount of fish I want I need as much room as possible was my thought. I could add another whole layer of rocks in the front, theres are lest 6 inches if not more space in front. But I think that would be TOO much rock.

Yeah I did that, the pictures are a few pages back. lol I didn't like it in the end cause of the overhang, no light means no corals and means I can't see the fish under it. lol

I think it looks great! You've done great work everytime IMO...but hey...I'm just a freshwater guy!

I think the rocks look nice... But then I really liked that cave you made too. ;)

I checked out some live rock at my closest LFS and saw some pieces that were almost as purple as yours, Carey!

Agreed! Gobies want hidey spots! Plus they look cool! Rearrange! :p

Back
Top Bottom