Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, went back a few pages and couldn't find what lights you have, but judging by the pic it's either PC or T5? The lights themselves shouldn't be creating enough heat to cause a 6 degree difference between what the heater is set to unless they aren't properly vented by fans pulling cool air in and pushing hot air out.

It's just the stock pc 36watts dual fixture. I tried running it with the hood open today and it didn't help. Still at 81 degrees. I also have the heater unplugged in case it was malfunctioning. Both fans are actually working you can feel the breeze.

Any thoughts?

Ahhh sorry, thought you were referring to the pic of the tank in post 859. It should feel like you are blowing hot air on your hand at a constant speed. How hot does the room the tank is in get?

I keep the house at 75 with the air on usually. Thats why its so weird. lol The fans are def working though. That was my first concern

Hmm, I'm eager to figure this out, cause I want to know if this is something that I'll have to worry about. I'd agree with heater. Don't know though.

well it's unplugged so I guess I will see in the morning.

Just tested and I finally have no ammonia. lol too tired to post the pics. Still no trites but about 10 nitrates. Now as long as tomorrow it stays the same I may order my gobies.

theres no fan the hood its self was kinda hot but if anything a little cooler than my fw with the cfl i accidentally left both windows open today the temp was about 1-2° higher than normal im fretting over nothing aren't i

carey said:
well it's unplugged so I guess I will see in the morning.

Just tested and I finally have no ammonia. lol too tired to post the pics. Still no trites but about 10 nitrates. Now as long as tomorrow it stays the same I may order my gobies.

sweet! awesome to hear and you still get to order on wensday

could you be gettign heat off of the pump motors or power heads? have you felt them to make sure they are working properly

Nope no heat off either and thats all I have in the tank other than the unplugged heater. I used mostly cold water too. Very confusing...

Yep lights have been off for hours. still at 81 degrees. Hopefully its just the heater. or maybe the rocks abosrb the heat . lol I don't kneo hehe

Back
Top Bottom