Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the pod tank. Not looking very nice but I expect the sand and debris to settle by tonight. I didn't plan on filling it up since it's only for food. I have a heater and airpump hooked up so far. i forgot if i needed light for these guys. I do have windows and doors and either side of it if thats enough light.

And wouldnt ya know it the second I put in the shrimp they were gone behind rock. lol The lfs told me that both shrimp had eggs so I don't know if that means I'll have 50 shrimps or if the scooter maybe will eat em. :)

img_1329033_0_0e4d30925af0f82754abaff0a12aa1ed.jpg

So, I'm gonna assume that I can keep the scooter alive. :-D

When do you think I can stock my gobies? My water is still stable even with all the extra food I've been feeding. In fact gonna do a small pwc anyways, the trates are at 10.

carey said:
Fabulous news!!! The scooter eats frozen brine shrimp! He's pigging out on it.

Thank God!!

Yay!! I'm so happy for you!! Now...go get some gobies and take pictures ;)

I am just watching him munch now. It's all over the tank and he's chasing them around. I feel so much better now. I was really depressed about the whole thing.

So you think I'm ready to order my gobies? I can have them by wednesday I think. or try to order them locally but I don't wanna wait. lol

I hope you feel better betta. :-D

This is great but I dint think brine shrimp have much nutrients. I think they are more of a snack or last resort until something better is put in. I may be wrong though.,

Congrats! Depends on which gobies you are going to get. Some have nearly the same body shape as the scooter which could lead to aggression issues. With them in there, you would also need to watch the scooter to make sure he is not getting out competed for food as they are rather slow eaters.

I'm gonna get 2 candycanes, they get almost an inch big each and a citron goby who gets a tad bigger. I wanna keep everything small in this tank.

Thanks so much, I know I probably overreacted but I was just appalled that i was in the potential spot I was in.

I've been following Carey, and I never thought you were in a bad spot! You did well though. Congrats on a successful set-up and I look forward to more on this subject.

Yay, Carey, congrats! I'm so happy your scooter is eating!
Will we see a video of him any time soon?:)

I'm gonna try other frozen too and see if i can get a varied diet for him. Brine I don't think is enough to sustain him.

We'll see how he acts tomorrow, maybe I'll get some picture time with him lol

You shouldn't be. Theres still a chance he will stop eating prepared ya know. Then I'll be S.O.L.

I think i'm gonna order the gobies Monday or ask this weekend at the lfs to see if they can get them.

It just happens. i still am gonna continue the pod tank though. See how that turns out. I can feed him snacks. :)

Back
Top Bottom