Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the heads up craig. :-D

I'm still not convinced on the shipping of livestock but they are on my list for potential place.

I live in Illinois they ship that night and arrive in the morning in a styrofoam cooler with plenty of packing to prevent movement and a heat pad to keep temp stable

One more day until the gobys! Do you have any cyclopeeze or smaller food the the candycanes? They probably wont be able to gobble up the large mysis haha.

I was gonna go with the flake and I have frozen baby brine shrimp too. The emerald entree that the scooter is eating has tiny pieces of everything in it so I may also try that.

I was thinking on going to visit the fish today LOL. I wanna put them all in together so i will try to wait til tomorrow. Unless he's so cute I gotta bring him home today. hehehe

the scooter is doing better, he only will eat that emerald stuff and pods right now but he looks to be a bit fatter in the tummy area. Thank goodness. I still think he's gonna be a challenge but I think he might make it after all. :-D
if I had known what i was getting into i would have just bought the ORA mandarin, least I woulda known to ask to see it feed before purchase. The scooter totally blindsided me.

I went out and got about 16-18 more lbs of live rock, put it in the pod tank to make sure it's cured. :)
also tried to go visit my candycane today but the lfs is closed on Monday. BOO!
Anyways here are a few shots of the cube today. i changed the rock around and my shrimp finally came out! woohoo

img_1335385_0_5a2eb7a699632f4b0e64598c7f188374.jpg

img_1335385_1_8670899616ff8835b00da9ac6aab1cc6.jpg

img_1335385_2_58fdf484c93d7c6ca0528bb7a9c7d0c6.jpg

Mine seems awful loud, not sure i'd want it in the bedroom. Mine is louder than the 55g with the remora skimmer which is famous for its loud noise. LOL

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate you all looking. :-D

Where are you getting all the noise from the only thing I can hear running on my cube is the two fans

carey said:
Mine seems awful loud, not sure i'd want it in the bedroom. Mine is louder than the 55g with the remora skimmer which is famous for its loud noise. LOL

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate you all looking. :-D

Mybe I will have to rethink that then try to find something a bit quieter 

Where are you getting all the noise from the only thing I can hear running on my cube is the two fans

I have the fans and the loud dripping onto the live rock in the center chamber. It's like someone left a faucet running. And the humm from the fans is annoying me too. lol

I have a fluval fx5 right next to me and I have to check to make sure its on sometimes cause its so darn quiet.

I put a media basket in the back of mine that I ordered from in tank fits perfectly but u have to raise water level after u install it and that eliminated a lot of noise of water falling thy also make a fuge basket that fits next to it but that's where I have my skimmer

I was considering getting that setup, but can't afford it right now. I'd also have to get a light for the fuge. But after I get my 125g reef setup THEN i will get that addon. i also didn't like that you have to bust the bottom grate to get it to fit. :-(

I won't be running a skimmer in this setup. I'm so on top of it that it ain't funny. :-D

I didn't have to break any thing the grate where ur live rock is lifts out and the other is just holding on with a little aquarium sealant the stock filter seems to slow water movement too much so decided to go with the in tank I still change between 4 and 5 gallons a week

Back
Top Bottom