Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carey, congrats on your new babies! They are so cute! Keeping my fingers crossed for them to be fine! :)

Love your new babies! Makes me super excited to get one of our own soon. First going to fix the pH, apparently it was off...not good and then after focussing on the reef for a bit pick a fish! Saw a carpenters flasher wrasse the other day at a LFS and loved it...but apparently the min tank is 30g. Bummer. Still looking into gobies...I guess it will come down to what we love that is in stock at the time. Good news on the sexy shrimp though...they will order them in when we are ready. Thinking about a trio but funding permitting might only get 2! Anyways, enough about me. Love the tank and the new additions:) Glad that they were happy in their bags when they were shipped...happy fish watching!

Thanks so much everyone, wish I had good pictures to share but we'll try later. :)

After watching the citron goby I think I have too much rock lol. He's kinda big and the rock doesnt give him much room. I may move some anywaqys so I can find my candy canes. I found the ones' little burrow so far.

I'd let them settle in more before thinking about moving rock around too much. I get the same way and want to change things around so I can see the new additions. Since they just made the long journey probably best not to stress them out again with a new change

You're probably right. I will try to make it through he weekend without tearing anything down lol.

Caught the citron out front finally, though he just ran away. He's my big doof fish. lol
img_1342910_0_ce918d5b12e1aeef3e8f4869633f63f2.jpg

img_1342910_1_87f801fa6d9ba0bf88e058421cc1bcd5.jpg

That's a very cool fish. How small is he? I don't think I have room for even a small fish in either of my tanks, but I'll eventually setup a 55G, maybe this summer. I'll have to see how your Citron behaves after he's over the move and settle into his home.

He's full size i think at about an inch and a half I'd say. I wanted to keep everything tiny in this tank so I could have a bunch of fish. lol So far the only one who isn't too shy is the scooter. Just hoping the candycane gobies don't get eaten by something, they are like 1/4 inch if that.

I hope the tiny gobies stay active for you. I didn't have luck with my red neon goby. I've had him for over a year, and rarely see the guy. It is a treat to see him for a few seconds when he decides to join the others for some food...

Looking good! I think you should look into getting some cyclopeeze since the candycanes are so tiny, it would help ensure they got some food since it spreads throughout the tank. It's like $20 for the stick of them here but it lasts a really really long time.

You're probably right. I will try to make it through he weekend without tearing anything down lol.

Caught the citron out front finally, though he just ran away. He's my big doof fish. lol
img_1344360_0_ce918d5b12e1aeef3e8f4869633f63f2.jpg

img_1344360_1_87f801fa6d9ba0bf88e058421cc1bcd5.jpg

He looks so awesome under the moon lighting. I really like this fish but thinking it is too big for our tank. Might stick with one a bit smaller.

Yeah, the citron is the biggest clown goby. But lemme tell ya, the candycanes are really really tiny. I think you could fit 2 of those guys in your nano. LOL Never realized how small 1 inch really is.

Snagged a terrible shot of one of the candycanes. I think I may have lost the other one. Have only seen one since I put them in. :-(

img_1344413_0_d5336094ebd1a7bf41a5469c26ec6d42.jpg

LOL. I'm gonna give it another day or so then I'll check for him. Theres a 14 day guarantee on the fishies and they were $20 each! LOL

I had to turn off my filters cause the tiny goby is small enough to fit in the grates on the back of the cube into the filter compartment. But he is eating so that's good.
:-D

I have the pods in a separate 10g tank with all the fixins LOL
It's kinda stuck on cycling right now so i won't know if it's working for a while.

carey what do you feed your tanks? ive thinking of giving this rod's fish food a try

I'm an NLS girl LOL. I do feed some frozen though and sometimes some freeze dried mysis. But other than that nls flakes and pellets. I also was looking into rods foods but I'd have to order it.

Back
Top Bottom