Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a royal gramma in my 55g, I love her! Don't think there is enough rock in the cube for another. The basslets are really nice too though... so many fish to choose from! I may go for those in my new 125g I got today though.

I just want a swimming around fish lol. The one clown in there is great, he's all over the tank all the time. The others are rarely seen though. In fact I've lost track of my one candycane goby, I have no idea where it is now. :-(

How about a small flasher wrasse. Alot of swimming going on there. Plus you already have a lid so good on the jumper part. Some of them say 50 gal min which is probably for more swim room but some say 30 which is basically what you have.

If your scooter is eating prepared then wouldn't have to worry about the wrasse picking at your pods.

The scooter is eating prepared now, thankfully, but he's still pecking at the pods. Actually, I haven't seen any pods in days. They are usually all over the glass but I think the scooter is still munching them. I was thinkg a wrasse as well, would have to be reef safe too.

If they jump do you think he'll jump the back wall into the rear compartments? I'm always looking in there lol

Not sure about the jumping into back compartment. I had a carpenters flasher go carpet surfing from my old tank. Not good. Less likely to jump if you don't have other aggressive fish in there though. And the colors on them are great and they swim a ton and with a lot of personality.

I'll have to give those guys another look then. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. Cube is gonna be the only covered tank I'll have so its as good a place as any to put em.

carey said:
I'll have to give those guys another look then. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. Cube is gonna be the only covered tank I'll have so its as good a place as any to put em.

I like the way you think

Thought of you today when I was at LFS. They had 2 green spot mandarins eating prepared foods. I actually considered getting one but the seemed so small for my 180. They had a psychedelic one too who was really awesome but he seemed totally uninterested in eating at the time and I wasn't willing to take that chance.

I spotted the candycane yesterday, he peeked out for a bit. LOL

The scooter will only eat pods and one type of frozen food, something called emerald entree. he is getting bulkier too at least.

I plan on moving over the male occellaris to this cube when I do the 55g breakdown to move the tank to make room for the 125g.

Then I'd like one more fish. not sure what will go with my uber peaceful ones though. I was looking at maybe a starry blenny? Not sure he'd get along with the scooter though

I saw a starry blenny today. Neat looking but pretty much just perched on the rocks. Not a lot of swimming going on there.

True. My lawnmower blenny does that too but he's always perched watching me or something else, LOL kinda has a neat personality

I bought a midas blenny today. He has really pretty coloring plus the great personality. Was swimming a lot in the store and then would go hide in a large old snail shell. I'm not sure what the minimum tank size for him (I think 30) but you may look into him if you want a blenny that swims more.

I'm definitely liking the midas blenny. Now if I can just find one locally....

I do have another question. I am thinking about buying this

BioCube 29 Package Deal - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

It has a media basket and a fuge too! I was thinking on just getting the media basket though as I can't find a light to put on the tiny fuge. The only one I found is like $60!! If I just put in the media basket what else can I put in the fuge spot? I was thinking of putting a cheap biocube skimmer in the far right compartment since I don't use a heater. Or does it go in with the return pump? I'm confused AGAIN LOL

Even though nothing has changed, I want more pictures... Pretty please with a cherry on top? It will keep me sane until I get my biocube.

Here you go Betta! i tried to get one of the candycane but he's too small and quick. lol

I am looking for a midas blenny for my last fish. :) And I'll be adding the male oscellaris in when I break down the 55g to move it. So this build is almost complete!

img_1358181_0_6554df9cd156d70a5bde5e98eb596fe3.jpg

img_1358181_1_5516a5b95207d40e483dc7570a49d47b.jpg

img_1358181_2_5050fa7c5bb487259c88cb966443a322.jpg

carey said:
Here you go Betta! i tried to get one of the candycane but he's too small and quick. lol

I am looking for a midas blenny for my last fish. :) And I'll be adding the male oscellaris in when I break down the 55g to move it. So this build is almost complete!

Well I just love that citron, how big is he?

He's about 2.5 inches I'd say. For sure the biggest fish in the tank. But he has such personality! We call him the dopey goby cause he's sooo slow and kinda goofy. He will sit right in front of the powerhead and just try to stay afloat. In fact he's staring at me from a rock right now.

He's a great find, very mellow. He lets the scooter and clown sit on his head sometimes. :-D

carey said:
He's about 2.5 inches I'd say. For sure the biggest fish in the tank. But he has such personality! We call him the dopey goby cause he's sooo slow and kinda goofy. He will sit right in front of the powerhead and just try to stay afloat. In fact he's staring at me from a rock right now.

He's a great find, very mellow. He lets the scooter and clown sit on his head sometimes. :-D

Cool! You wouldn't say he uses the top half of the tank at all would you?

Not really. He'll go up sometimes when I feed but otherwise he's bottom to middle. He does like a hidey hole though.

Back
Top Bottom