Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you put the fuge and basket in yet?

It just came about an hour ago. Thats' my next project. I'll try to do it this week. I already got the media for it. :-D

Thank you sooo much Lefty, I really wanted these items and you made it happen!

Got an update for those who follow this thread, all 3 of you LOL.

I haven't put in the media basket and fuge yet, I had to glue on of the pieces, stupid thing got broken in transit. hehee.... I also need to get myself a fuge light, anyone have any suggestions?

And I have a new addition to this tank. It was sold as a red striped sleeper goby but my research isn't confirming that.

Here's the picture...anyone know what else this guy may be called?

img_1384853_0_8e4b69c3fe59a69f4c3c38104d58c0af.jpg

Looks to me like a trimma Cana (scientific name)
And hey I've been following too! :b

I have a trimma cana in there already, this guy is like 10 times the size of the trimma (candycane).

Good try though, any other ideas? I'm trying online but if you look up red sleeper goby it looks nothing like this one.

Yeah I looked up the name the LFS gave you nothing like it. I'll keep looking :b

Now that you mention it, yeah, it does have the same front face look to him. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of goby though, it's perched quite nicely and is kinda slender and long. he already ate some flake food so not sure if that matters.

Not sure about the hawkfish idea. It has the face but it's more thin. Hawkfish seem more plump IMO.

Last edited:
100% a redspotted sandperch, Parapercis schauinslandii. I have a picture of it in a Bourneman book right next to me. He does get 5.1" long max by the way. May want to move him to the 125. This book, which told me 20 gallons for a longnosed hawkfish (pah!) says 55 for the sandperch.

I win!

100% a redspotted sandperch, Parapercis schauinslandii. I have a picture of it in a Bourneman book right next to me. He does get 5.1" long max by the way. May want to move him to the 125. This book, which told me 20 gallons for a longnosed hawkfish (pah!) says 55 for the sandperch.

I win!

WOOHOO! I know what I bought now. :-D

Thank you sooo much!!

I'll have to see how fast he grows, he's pretty tiny still. I just ggogles the sandperch and came up with 3.5 inches so I'm gonna go read some more.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom