Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so cute! I think he grabbed a piece that big 'coz he was afraid that nassarius snail would get it first. :D

One of my favorite things to see is when I shut down the flow and feed all the snails emerge. I don';t even actually consider them clean up crew but more like pets. I feed the tanks just to feed them. They are so awesome.

If the scooter doesnt get right on the bloodworms the snails make quick work of them within minutes. :)

Can't wait to get a mandarin. I'm gonna go visit the fish this week to check him out, make sure I'm getting the one I want. I want a blue or red one but ORA, not the green polka dotted ones. I'm hoping its the color I ordered....

I feel the same way about cuc, theyre just as fun to watch as the fish. Which is why im going to have an overly large cuc

Just make sure you feed enough. Like the narssarius sanils, they don't eat algae just everything else. lol

On a similar note, I lost 2 more hermits in the cube today. :-(
Not too sure whats going on in there, I cant seem to keep hermits alive. They just end up out of the shell and floating on the sandbed. There are plenty of shells for them to jump into but I'm not sure if they are even trying.

Any ideas guys?

no. :-( I've already ripped apart the tank once. I may try again tomorrow. Hate to think he passed especially since I moved his tormentors out just for him.

Yep, everything is all cleared, I even shut down the flow and fed and no sign of him.

He was a sweety fish, so pretty. I personally choose him out of 6 others they had. I'm still hopeful, like my b/f told me, i thought I killed the candycane and he ended up being alive and well in the 125g. :-D

carey said:
Yep, everything is all cleared, I even shut down the flow and fed and no sign of him.

He was a sweety fish, so pretty. I personally choose him out of 6 others they had. I'm still hopeful, like my b/f told me, i thought I killed the candycane and he ended up being alive and well in the 125g. :-D

dont forget me and my gut ;) im sure he as well is just peachy

Carey, why don't you give him tomorrow to calm down? He was harassed by the evil clowns and now you keep moving the rocks around trying to find the little guy. Maybe he just needs some quiet time and then he'll show up. :)
I really hope he's fine!

carey said:

Whoa... I didn't know he showed up!!! That makes me hopeful for banana! (I'm declaring his name banana... Just sayin! Lol ;))

I also will consider him banana. lol its aperfect name for him!

Yeah, candy is in the 125g now, he hitched a ride on a piece of LR I moved from the cube to the big tank. he has his own rock that he lives in, just saw him today. still tiny as all get out but alive still even though he is in the death tank now.

carey said:
I also will consider him banana. lol its aperfect name for him!

Yeah, candy is in the 125g now, he hitched a ride on a piece of LR I moved from the cube to the big tank. he has his own rock that he lives in, just saw him today. still tiny as all get out but alive still even though he is in the death tank now.

Yay! Go banana! I named a fishy! Lol. I sure hope he comes out again. :( That's great about the candycane! :) will you move him back in, or let him stay there?

I couldnt get a half inch fish out of a six foot tank if I tried. LOL

i considered taking his whole rock out but I don't wanna risk it, plus its a HUGE rock. hehe

What happened wolf, your fw tank giving you trouble?

carey said:
I couldnt get a half inch fish out of a six foot tank if I tried. LOL

i considered taking his whole rock out but I don't wanna risk it, plus its a HUGE rock. hehe

What happened wolf, your fw tank giving you trouble?

trouble is an understatemnt params perfect when i add them 005-10 add go to sleep 4am wake up around 11am every one dead only find 6 bodies take em back get dw come home at 4-5 test 8+05 did a total 150% pwc its now .2500 its been one heck of a day i tell ya but its left me discouraged because every new thing i put in die tried rcs they died now these and they died

trouble is an understatemnt params perfect when i add them 005-10 add go to sleep 4am wake up around 11am every one dead only find 6 bodies take em back get dw come home at 4-5 test 8+05 did a total 150% pwc its now .2500 its been one heck of a day i tell ya but its left me discouraged because every new thing i put in die tried rcs they died now these and they died

Just relax, fw fish are iffy little things. Just keep up on your water and gt it back to normal and try again in a week or so.

I know it sucks, remember, I lost alot of fish recently too. Can't let it get you down.

Back
Top Bottom