Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #901
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I am thinking of taking an adventure! I know I need stuff for my fw filters but I could stop by the coral store.....Unfortunately that store I don't trust their fish just their corals. They are the ones that sold me that killer snail a few weeks back, if you caught that thread. lol

Old 04-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #902
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I am thinking of taking an adventure! I know I need stuff for my fw filters but I could stop by the coral store.....Unfortunately that store I don't trust their fish just their corals. They are the ones that sold me that killer snail a few weeks back, if you caught that thread. lol
Oh, the monstrous snail killer... Thing looked cool though.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd even trust their corals if that had happened to me...

Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #903
Aquarium Advice Freak

No, I missed that one.
Good luck, Carey!
It's a funny coincidence that UPS delivered my cube on the same day as you got yours and today I'm planning a visit to a lfs, too, to get stuff like testing supplies, maybe sand, etc. Lol
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #904
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm thinking of driving an hour in the opposite direction now, which opens up new possibilities. if I go to my regular store I know they will have half of what i want to stock. They wont have the candycanes or citron goby but they will have blennies and other gobies.

I also want 3 sexy shrimp and I know they have them and one peppermint which I dont think they have.

I was also interested in 3 of their scarlet hermits but they are $3 each.

Should I go and if I do should I buy a fish for the cube?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #905
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Vampiregirl View Post
No, I missed that one.
Good luck, Carey!
It's a funny coincidence that UPS delivered my cube on the same day as you got yours and today I'm planning a visit to a lfs, too, to get stuff like testing supplies, maybe sand, etc. Lol

Time to start your biocube thread!! You have the cube thats a great first picture! lol
Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #906
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, and I also have questions! Lol
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #907
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's very cool to have one place to ask all your questions, I love my build threads. I start them from the second I get the tank though LOL.

But yeah start one up and ask whatever hasn't been addressed in my thread and bettababe's.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #908
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Haha...sorry I fed into your paranoia I can't wait to see pics of your new fishes!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #909
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
It's very cool to have one place to ask all your questions, I love my build threads. I start them from the second I get the tank though LOL.

But yeah start one up and ask whatever hasn't been addressed in my thread and bettababe's.
Yeah, I start my build thread like, half a year before I have my tank. *Snicker*
Old 04-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #910
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So even if it's only been a week do you think it's safe to add some life other than cuc? My tests have been perfect minus the ammonia color chart issues. I have low nitrates, 2.5 2 days ago and under 10 on api today. The salinity is at 1.0235, I want to adjust that up just a hair. The temperature is a solid 81 degrees though. Day or night. Got to thermometers in there and they each read the same, the heaters been unplugged since yesterday.

Am I ready? Or should I wait? I know we are all axious but what should I do?

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com