Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was SOO thinkijng a purple fire fish. Marine betta would be too big and I have had a gramma, was nice but spent too much time hiding. lol

I want some fish that stay in mid water level and top water as I have 3 bottom dwellers already. And the citron who mostly perches.

So it looks good for a fire fish, any other ideas?

I appreciate them any and all suggestions.

:)

Blackcap basslet, blue assessor, orchid dottyback, bicolor dottyback? The last two are a little aggressive. And the blue asseser is of course blue, not purple lol but it is a very dark blue.

I love my blue assessor, it swims around the tank too! Dark blue, very peaceful. I definitely second it, and it stays about 2.5" max.

My lfs had a yellow assessor but I thought they got too big for a 29...but at 2.5 inches I think it would be fine.

Actually making progress here. So far a purple firefish and maybe an assessor. Do they swim around or are theyhiders like the grammas'?

I think a purple firefish and the assessor will finish up the stocking on this cube. :) I may want to add a fire shrimp or another shrimp of some kind but I think thats it.

Kinda nice in a way to see the stocking at the end of the road. The tank will finally be complete. :

If anyone else has any ideas shoot them this way. But remember it is only 29g and I the delicate scooter and mandarin in it already so they would have to be peaceful fish. I know the firefish is but not sure about the assessor...

The cube is just about everything I want in a cube so believe it or not it will be complete. The joy to me is that I have other tanks that ARENT complete so I get to keep going so to say.

I never wanted corals in it either, it was just for my close up and personal pleasure.

SO purple fire fish for sure, I was thinking if there are any wrasses I can add as its the only closed top system I have. Or maybe a pygmy angle, or are they too big and aggressive for the tank?

Thanks!

I think the Pygmy angel might be too aggressive, and for wrasses maybe a golden wrasse? It's small but I'm not sure if its small enough. Same with fairy wrasse, lemon meringue wrasse, and flasher wrasse.

Hmm what about a sixline? Not the most impressive wrasse but my lfs said he would be fine and is less of a jumper.

I may be keeping the 90g I got yesterday and it will be covered with no corals so I can go crazy on a super colorful wrasse in there I was thinking. IF I keep that tank that is.

Ya the sixline too forgot that one. And you should get a harlequin tuskfish if you get another large tank! Those look really cool but it might be too big lol

I saw the price tag for the tuskfish and it drove me away. LOL Absolutely beautiful fish though. I;m still not sure whats going in the 90g if I end up keeping it. LOL

I;m just working on going through my tanks to add the finishing touches on them before I start a new project. Well at least with the cube. I'm also almost done stocking my 125g as well. Just a few more fish that I'm pretty set on.

:)

So, no angels in the cube then? Still looking for one more fish to round it all out. The firefish should be an awesome addition I think.

Hmm what about a sixline? Not the most impressive wrasse but my lfs said he would be fine and is less of a jumper.

I may be keeping the 90g I got yesterday and it will be covered with no corals so I can go crazy on a super colorful wrasse in there I was thinking. IF I keep that tank that is.

My six line surprised me. I wasn't all that hot on them but once he was in the tank I am thrilled with him. My wife says it is her favorite. He is always in and out of the rocks and never stops moving.

Now thats the kind of fish i want, an active swimmer. Once the clown come out theres gonna be like NO swimming acitivity in there lol

Only been about 12 hours but....the Blue/Green Chromis are looking like they are going to extreamly active. They are everywhere. :) I was also very pleased with the Kole (I know, off topic but...). He hid for about 3 minutes then was all over the place. :)

Only been about 12 hours but....the Blue/Green Chromis are looking like they are going to extreamly active. They are everywhere. :) I was also very pleased with the Kole (I know, off topic but...). He hid for about 3 minutes then was all over the place. :)

And yes, I know I am going to have to upgrade in a year or two with the Kole. Take good care of the 125 because I will be coming to pick it up. hehehehe

Today I think marks success for my mandarin story. I fed them as usual and all that mandy ate was prepared.Lots of cyclopeeze in the forzen tube, gotta get more of that, and bloodworms and mysis. No hunting in the rocks, even picking right from the water column. It's been what, a month and a half maybe? It took awhile of hard work but she did it. LOL

I also suspect the ORA thing played a role though. She was raised on pellets so I think that gave me somewhat of an advantage along with the fact that I have an active fuge with pods in the tank which I think is what got her through. Don't know what would have happened if I didn't have the pods I did. I was so tempted at times to put her in the 125g which is teeming with pods glad I never did it. :)

Other cube news, lemme see...

banana the used to be yellow watchman is still white and black. havent figured this one out yet. He can't have permanently stressed himself colorless could he have? lol

The new b&w clowns are doing their little bickering dance now, poor tiny one. I think they will pair up quite well with some more time.

Since I am pretty much done with stocking this tank, (though I wish I could have a firefish) other than maybe some easy corals...

I'm thinking on upgrades. I already have the media baskets and fuge and the led light. i was thinking on upping the return pump size, either to 350gph or 550 gph though I think the 550 might be too much to be honest.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks for reading my cube update report!

:-D

Back
Top Bottom