Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never seem to post that many pictures of this tank so i figured I'd take a few shots. :-D Nothing too special just an update i guess. lol

img_1605019_0_744c90fb265b4e8d18fe412e4f3a2f2e.jpg

img_1605019_1_a1b8fb24abd78e229e33b1cb5ec1b580.jpg

img_1605019_2_5da2e8c4a04900ae9202a7c3bdc904a7.jpg

img_1605019_3_becc579fe718cebe6ebfde18bad1ee54.jpg

I seriously hope your mandarin doesn't get as obese as you scooter.. everything else looks great .. always setting the bar here on AA.

Im new to this (in the researching stage) and was just curious as to what is the difference between a 29 gallon bio cube and a 29 gallon aquarium.

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

The cube is just that, in a cube shape so the swim room is affected. I've had both a regular 29 and this cube and it's a world of difference if you have the two in front of you. :)

Thank you for such a quick response. Does the cube come with a filtration system already installed? And if so, is it strong enough to handle a fowlr set up?

As I said before I'm new to this and am trying to figure out what kind of set up works for my situation. Thank you for your input.

The biocube comes pretty much plug and play. All you need is a powerhead and maybe a heater depending on where you live and how cold it gets. Currently I only have fish and no coral in mine and it's working out wonderfully. I do 3g a week water changes and added this item for better filtration
BioCube 29 Package Deal - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

I run a carbon substitute so I don't have to change the media every other week but in 4 month intervals or even longer. :)

if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. I went through it all with my cube lol

carey said:
Hi. Welcome to the forum!

The cube is just that, in a cube shape so the swim room is affected. I've had both a regular 29 and this cube and it's a world of difference if you have the two in front of you. :)

How many tank do u hv? U r very good in marine tank.. I really want to see all ur marine tank that u hv.. Can u post? Huhu..
Hey guys!!! Raise up ur hand if u want to see all pictures from carey's tank... Haha..

Hey Carey! I'm sorry I'm sure you answere this a gazzilion times but how much live rock and sand is In there?!:)

I can't wait to get a Mandarin for my future 180g. How long did you have pods populating before you got the Mandarin?

Back
Top Bottom