Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:( what was in the tank with the fire fish? Just clowns and a goby right? I don't think it was stress. He must have been sick when you got him:(

Yeah, the tankmates are all very mellow pretty much. Theres the mandarin, scooter, goby, clowns and a YWG. theres also 3 peppermints and a cleaner. I have only like 4 or 5 hermits and about 15 nassarius snails. Thats it. The clowns being the most aggressive. The firefish was eating and swimming around last night seemed fine. But I guess I can't expect much for $6

Do you trust your lfs dude? Because he might have lowered the price of it because of it being sick or something.

My firefish goby disappears for days at a time. The clownfish annoy it and it hides deep in the rockwork. It's getting a little braver, I'm seeing it more and more, but I don't worry anymore when I don't see it for a couple of days.

It was at the reef club meeting I went to yesterday. It was held at a very reputable store. It was one of their BIG sale items that day, the place was packed with pushing and shoving. LOL

He had a whole tank of them obviously cause of the price being so low. They are usually $18 or so, I've been thinking of getting one for some time.

On a happier note, I FINALLY added some corals to the cube. Just took the huge xenia from the 125g and a mushroom rock from the 20g. lol But it looks better now I think. :) I'm gonna find a few more pieces for it too very soon. I'm thinking a leather and a frogspawn and some more mushrooms. And of course some zooas, I may frag some out of my 125g and add those. woot!

My firefish goby disappears for days at a time. The clownfish annoy it and it hides deep in the rockwork. It's getting a little braver, I'm seeing it more and more, but I don't worry anymore when I don't see it for a couple of days.

really? I didn't know that about firefish...Thanks!

Do you remove any rockwork to look for yours when he goes missing? Should I bother or give it another day?

Yay!:) I'm sure it will come up! You'll probably spook it out when you add some corals. Pics por favor:D

Just took a couple quick shots, I totally re arranged the rock from the way it was. I will most likely be digging for a firefish today or tomorrow so I'll probably re arrange again. lol I know it's a meager beginning, but it's a start. :-D

img_1629646_0_8c69fd37a4ba6eec0a0cc202e76b4426.jpg

img_1629646_1_d417032649b2ab1458058699652717e3.jpg

img_1629646_2_6b08c82eb7254dfa461e3599ba480116.jpg

carey said:
Just took a couple quick shots, I totally re arranged the rock from the way it was. I will most likely be digging for a firefish today or tomorrow so I'll probably re arrange again. lol I know it's a meager beginning, but it's a start. :-D

Wow, the new rockwork looks absolutely amazing! I love your Xenia and mushrooms in there too!

OMG! The firefish is ok! I am soo happy! He just darted out and is getting chased by the clowns. whew... Now if my chromi would show up thatd be great too!

I was so bummed but now I'm so happy. lol Amazing how important our fish are to us, like really deep down. I could almost cry I'm so happy he didn't die.

carey said:
I was so bummed but now I'm so happy. lol Amazing how important our fish are to us, like really deep down. I could almost cry I'm so happy he didn't die.

I know! Well congrats on finding your fish! :D

My firefish hides as well but I think I found his favorite haunts. Usually I have to go in from the side where I can usually spot his tail..he has this little hidey hole on the back of a piece of rock and he puts himself in time-out by sticking his face in the hole instead of backing into it. :)

Very happy for you Carey. :)

tlknq1 that is helarious. "puts himeself in time out". I have a 100 lb female yellow lab who thinks she is hiding when she burries her head. LOL

rdnelson99 said:
Very happy for you Carey. :)

tlknq1 that is helarious. "puts himeself in time out". I have a 100 lb female yellow lab who thinks she is hiding when she burries her head. LOL

Lol my lab does the same!

It's been a month since I updated. Time sure flies!

Everyone is doing good in the tank, mandarin and scooter eating like pigs as usual. :-D Figured I'd take a few pictures since while I am sitting right next to the tank they are almost posing for me! lol

Water parameters have been stable and overall the tank is in good shape. Not exactly what I imagined it would be but still good enough. :) It's my "special needs" fowlr tank pretty much. I plan on moving the xenia over to the 55g and selling it off with that setup to finally get rid of it! It's a plague I tell you! HEHE....

img_1686763_0_b67ac47cb4d9a2d82851c706e0af7695.jpg

img_1686763_1_820096f0b5609b92adb78b92c1f1ee73.jpg

img_1686763_2_46c1ff2230e2e53611134c26b3546d70.jpg

img_1686763_3_f173bbbfe45ac18fbdeb1ffa35c4a418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom