Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #951
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well look at it this way, there are several positives in your situation, it's a smaller tank so it's easier to watch, it's the only fish so there is no other competition, and you have already said it may have eaten something. That's a pretty good start in my book.

Like someone's post? Show some appreciation with the reputation button!
thominil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #952
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm preparing for the worst case scenario. lol better safe than sorry. here's a shot of what I want to turn into a pod tank. Just needs some cleaning.

I'm figuring a 20lb bag of lr sand (or can I use the sand from my 29g thats empty now?) and a few lbs of LR rubble. Any ideas how much rubble to put in? I also have a preset heater to add in and I think thats it right?

None of my fish stores are open yet so I can't start calling around to find him a home or to find pods.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #953
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL Update. the free 10g I have above is not worthy. the whole bottom fell out when I scrubbed it.

This week is not going well at all.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #954
Aquarium Advice Addict

That sucks! Just hang in there. Something else will turn up and help.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #955
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well No one will take in the scooter. I did find my lfs will give me some pods for now so heading over there. At least he won't starve today. I'll just have to keep at him with the prepared foods.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #956
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have absolute faith in you!!! Try blood worms and mysis, I know mine loves them, especially the blood worms.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #957
Aquarium Advice Activist

Someone I know has had one for 2 years and it loves live brine that ones been ok 
Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #958
Aquarium Advice Addict

You don't need to use a tank, a simple mason jar or glass with a small layer of sand and a few chunks of live rock/rubble stuck in a window will get you started in the meantime while you come up with the correct supplies. Hope this helps you a bit.
Like someone's post? Show some appreciation with the reputation button!
thominil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #959
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well I went and got the 10g tank and some sand. I'm gonna try to get this baby up and running today. The lfs gave me a bag of pods for the scooter and a huge bag of sand and big pods from their sump for the pod tank. Should be a good start. I also got a thing of brine eggs to raise in a jar too, seemed like a good idea for $5 just incase they like brine shrimp too.

I also couldn't resist and got 2 peppermint shrimp for the cube too. I figure they won't hurt anything. Pics below of todays purchases so far. lol

Old 04-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #960
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Neat shrimp!!

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com