Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yedon, PA
Posts: 183
Excited about that a third I remember the last one you had!
__________________

__________________
Give a man to fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime
55g African tank
125g in the planning stages reef
Cichlidjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Went to my reef club meeting tonight and it was held in a LFS soooo of course I didn't leave empty handed. I got 10 red legs AND a black combtooth blenny! He's about 2.5 inches and he is going to go into the biocube. I debated which tank toput him into and the biocube seems the safest. The 60g has that mean barnacle blenny, the 125g has the tangs and I just added 2 fish yesterday so thats a no go. That leaves the 90g which is waaaay aggressive or the cube. lol So now the stock in the biocube is: a pygmy hawkfish, royal gramma, chalk bass, this combtooth and the teeny tiny sailfin blenny.

That should about do it for the stocking, still want some interesting inverts tho. I was thinking some emerald crabs and a sponge crab, they look so adorable. Any other ideas for cool inverts or small fish?

Thanks so much for following along!
__________________

__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Awesome, even MORE new additions, what an awesome fish week!

Have you seen the Squat Lobsters on LiveAquaria? They look really fun!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
havent seen them, will be sure to take a look though.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
They looks WAY to much like a nasty spider. And we hates spiders. My phobia...

He looks like something I would buy and see once a year out of the corner of my eye for a second.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
They looks WAY to much like a nasty spider. And we hates spiders. My phobia...

He looks like something I would buy and see once a year out of the corner of my eye for a second.
Haha, they do look fairly small! I am not a fan of spiders in the house either.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Ok, they are just creepy redsea! Maybe it's a guy thing. lol

As an update, all three new fish are doing well so far. The anthias and wrasse are good, though the anthias is yet to eat. :-( I am hopeful for tomorrow as he is swimming around the tank more and more so he must be getting used to the tank. The wrasse eats like a pig though so i am quite happy about that. The combtooth is still hiding in the cube so tomorrow we'll see how it shakes out. lol

As a side note, I'm at my reef club meeting tonight and get a call from my b/f, apparently one of the new clown fish in the 125g managed to get himself stuck in the overflow on back! I rushed home to save him and by the time I got home my honey had already fished him out. lol Now have a double screen over the overflow intake in the tank needles to say. I tell ya, these clownfish in the 125g have always been a hassle. Three pairs jumped out over the last few years and this new pair wants to be trouble too. HA ha.....Not this time.....
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Ok, they are just creepy redsea! Maybe it's a guy thing. lol

As an update, all three new fish are doing well so far. The anthias and wrasse are good, though the anthias is yet to eat. :-( I am hopeful for tomorrow as he is swimming around the tank more and more so he must be getting used to the tank. The wrasse eats like a pig though so i am quite happy about that. The combtooth is still hiding in the cube so tomorrow we'll see how it shakes out. lol

As a side note, I'm at my reef club meeting tonight and get a call from my b/f, apparently one of the new clown fish in the 125g managed to get himself stuck in the overflow on back! I rushed home to save him and by the time I got home my honey had already fished him out. lol Now have a double screen over the overflow intake in the tank needles to say. I tell ya, these clownfish in the 125g have always been a hassle. Three pairs jumped out over the last few years and this new pair wants to be trouble too. HA ha.....Not this time.....
I am glad the new fish are doing well this far! For me, the most reassuring part is when you check the tank the next morning and see that your new additions made it through, it is always a good feeling.

Well, I guess we know how Clownfish get their name, as they are always doing crazy things (like a Clown would).

Yep, the lobsters are a bit creepy looking, lol. They are definitely unique though, I never heard of them until a Diver's Den Alert from LA, I think.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Since you forwarded that alert link to me I've still been receiving them all these past months. lol There's always at least 10 things on the list in fish at any time that i would gladly buy. I still want a pair of coral crouchers, they are soo cute
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #110
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Since you forwarded that alert link to me I've still been receiving them all these past months. lol There's always at least 10 things on the list in fish at any time that i would gladly buy. I still want a pair of coral crouchers, they are soo cute
They are cute! Venomous fish scare me though, lol.

They always have so many great critters in the Diver's Den. For instance, for a little while now they have had this Blenny that seems pretty uncommon.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden...+3&ddid=197831

What a price tag though! I have never seen such an expensive Blenny!
__________________

__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.