Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sooo, kinda itching so get some fish in the tank, think its safe? Its testing out at 0's across the board now. I was thinking of moving the biocube fish in.

What do you guys think?

I had a spike in the garbage cans and nothing for several days now.

If you're consistently testing 0s there shouldn't be much issue. Just stock slowly :)

Still havent put any fish in yet,lol. guess i am just being paranoid, but i will be adding those happy fish any day now.

What I do have a question about is the lighting....

Found these on ebay, think it would work? I dont plan on high light demanding sps ir anemones most likely so I was thinking it might be fine.

Here is the link

8 x Reefbar Combo 3ft Aquarium LED Light Reef Bar 36" inch 36 216W Grow Coral | eBay

If im reading that ad correctly that's 1728 watts of light if you use all of them. May want to invest in a welding helmet. :lol:

Oh okay. If you have a way to mount them it's a great way to get a good color temp. And i like the idea of a remote (it's a guy thing) plus 216 should let you keep some softy's

Yeah, I have two canopies so I have my choice, either the really tall one or the short one. I was thinking of getting the 8 bars in the listing and maybe 2 extra for a total of 10. I thought maybe 5 rows of two. I do want to keep some LPS though, do you think this lighting setup would work? I can of course put the more light demanding corals higher up if that would help. I know a 4 bulb fixture for a 4 foot tank is like 216w, but I also know that leds dont really run the same so 216w of led might be more light than 216 t5 lights. LOL where is Mr. X when you need him?

As far as the tank update, I have moved like 6 corals over so far, just frags but they immediately opened up and seem very happy, even with the compact flourescent lighting. So I have 2 duncans, 2 mushrooms, a SPS quite high on the rock and another one whos name is escaping right now. lol
Looking to maybe move the two large leathers over today as well if time permits, been up all night playing world of warcraft so I may be headed to sleep soon. LOL

Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it. :)

of course there are a lot of variables included, but a comparable MH fixture is about 2x the wattage. if you have 200+w id say you are ok for what you want.

I made another thread specifically for the led's, hoping MR X or someone else can help with it.

Today I moved a few more corals over, I am still traumatized though. I had to peel the toadstool and the other leather from their rocks as they were infested with aipastia. :-(

I feel horrible, it was such a gross experience and now both leathers are extremely upset, I really hope they make a full recovery. Also pried off a rock of zooas that had encrusted onto other rocks, left behind some very unhappy zooas but the rock that was taken out is aipastia free at least.
After examing alot of the remaining rock in the 125g i think its gonna be impossible to use any of them in this tank. I still have a huge-mongus rock with gsp that I was hoping to save and all the palys, not sure how this work out. :-( Letting the tank settle for the night and will see how things look in the morning.

Your leathers will be fine. I've pulled toadstools and devils hand off rocks several times. They bounce back quickly.

I believe its a one year warranty.

So, I got the lights ordered and now my mission is to start the stocking. I've been looking at all the websites i know of in search of a reasonably priced copperband and filefish. Those guys will go in asap if I can gt them that is. Gonna check liveaqauria next, I just hate to pay their expensive shipping. lol

well the thing is, I just got a line of credit with paypal and I can only use it online apparently. :-(

Back
Top Bottom