Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oH you guys will get pictures all right, lol, I am notorious for attaching way too many photos. I like to show how the fish are shipped and packed for those that havent gotten fish online before so they can judge for themselves how the quality is. And being as I ordered from liveaquaria it should all be packed and shipped beautifully as they have in the past. :)

Yeah, I saw the pair of filefish and thought whats better than one filefish? Well two would be the answer. lol I like how they are odd shaped and look a little weird so even if they dont eat aipastia they will be a cool set of fish to have. I always wonder how liveaquaria knows if a pair is mated or not, lol, I mean they dont know hwo they were captured so how could they tell?

Maybe they have seperate tanks where they try and pair up multiple filefish? Theres bound to be a couple who pair up if you stick 20-30 in one tank... Right?

lol I guess....I hope they dont just grab two and say "mated". hehehe

They are out of stock in the regular store of these filefish and only had the pair in the divers den, so I guess it would be safe to say these are the only two they have.

My LFS has two painted filefish...super cool looking fish. Look like cartoons. I think two was the way to go.

These are the bristletail filefish that I ordered, nothing fancy but they have the best rep for eating aipastia. I am however excited about the rabbitfish, its a blue spotted one which I have never seen in any lfs locally. :) I have always been a little put off by the venomous tines, but I figure i'm a big girl now so maybe its time to try one. :)

I had a blonde naso tang in my cart too, but decided to wait a bit for that. I still want minimum one more tang and this one is almost a must have unless you guys have any bad stories you want share. lol I may just skip the 2nd tang though and call it good with the rabbitfish being the new large fish to go with the naso.
:)

Blonde Naso (male) is on my list too. They are great looking fish, especially when they get the streamers. I think that the Rabbitfish was an excellent choice too. I want some kind of Rabbitfish (spotted, scribbled) just not sure which and will probably get whatever comes along first. :)

Moved a few more corals over, now have a mushroom rock and my cinnamon palys in the tank. Had a stupid majano on the palys and I totally nuked him with almost a full syringe of kalkwasser. I also moved a blue clove polyp rock over but I think there are aipastia on it so I went through it and nuked what I could.
I want to bring over some of my big colonies of palys but they have aipastia on them of course.....I was gonna bring the rock in the garage and cleave it in half to get rid of those sob's, I have a sledge hammer which I figure should get the job done! lol
Also gonna swap out the 12 bulb t5 fixture maybe later today and use that until the leds get here on Friday. Yes Friday, they shipped yesterday ups but arent gonna be delivered for a week, not sure what thats all about, a week seems so far away.
Other than that I will probably do some tank maintenance on the other tanks, still have to replace the aqualifter on the 125g, this one is failing AGAIN. CANNOT wait til I have no hang on overflows and just drilled tanks. lol

Aqualifters are funny things. I had one that I thought "failed" and wasn't working with my ATO. I switched it out with the aqualifter on my HOB overflow and it worked like a charm! I agree with you when it comes to the end of HOB overflows...I can't stand mine anymore. Come home from a 16 hour shift to find the significant other on the couch with the dog right beside the aquarium...ready to overflow if there is was anything left in the ATO jug and it sucking air like no one's business. Sick of that game...but rarely happens, only when algae gums up the overflow. Being precautious this doesn't happen nearly as often.

Since I am a hoarder of all things fish, I have accumulated like 10 of those aqualifters. I plan on sending them in with the $5 warranty fee and getting them all fixed. lol I only have one backup and that gotta go in today or tomorrow, I have like no suction at all. :-(

Happy to report my cinnamon palys have opened wide in the new tank! They are about an inch each, I have seen them get to be like 3 inches each, cannot wait for that! This is the one coral I have until recently been unable to obtain. I have wanted them for years and am so stoked that they are doing well. Gonna cement them in soon too, they are currently on a small rock,.

Since I am a hoarder of all things fish, I have accumulated like 10 of those aqualifters. I plan on sending them in with the $5 warranty fee and getting them all fixed. lol I only have one backup and that gotta go in today or tomorrow, I have like no suction at all. :-(

Happy to report my cinnamon palys have opened wide in the new tank! They are about an inch each, I have seen them get to be like 3 inches each, cannot wait for that! This is the one coral I have until recently been unable to obtain. I have wanted them for years and am so stoked that they are doing well. Gonna cement them in soon too, they are currently on a small rock,.

Any pics of the palys?

Love you guys!!!
LOL

I made a video actually, easier to show things than my crappy still photography hehe.

13 minutes to upload tho, gives me time to test the water i guess....

Moved the t5's for now over to this tank from the 125g. here she is!

ALso took a couple shots of the 8g pico in the kitchen lol

Yep, that is a tailspot. He mostly perches so he is ok for now in the 8g but he will be moved to a larger tank after I play musical tanks.

My plan is to take down the 125g, the 60 rimless and the biocube. Most of the fish will go into the 180g though along with the new fish I ordered. :)

I will also hopefully be putting up another medium sized tank for the fish that cant go into the 180g like the 2nd pair of clowns and the itty bitty sailfin blenny. I was thinking a 57 rimless but am also looking at the nuvo 24g super long tank, its 3 feet long! lol

ALso setup a rock smashing station in the garage and will crack apart some of the coral rocks from the 125g that are infested with aipastia. I just moved the wp40 to the 180g just now and am buying a second from a guy from my reef club so that should be good.
The only other piece of equipment I am thinking about is a bio-pellet reactor. Now would be the time to add it too so I can reap all the benefits. :)
A reactor worked for a bit on my 60g but it got clogged really easily so I bailed on it a few months in. What do you guys think, any of you run a larger biopellet reactor and if so does it work?

Yeah, the biopellets will also help with phosphates too so I figured it might be worth another try. Found a biomaxx reactor with pellets for like $150. So not too terrribly expensive

Back
Top Bottom