Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #241
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My betta grouper hid for prob 3 weeks. It was a nightmare trying to coax him out. Now he just hovers. As for the tusk, my juvenile tusk made it over a week in the tank with 2 triggers (had no choice due to tank failure) so id say yours is a hardy lil guy

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #242
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I caught the tusk out today for a few minutes when I fed and then he just went into the rocks and gone again.lol I really hope he gets used to the tank he is such a cool little fish.

I passed on the ev1000 skimmer, it would have been awesome to have but it would have had to sit outside the tank and the pump was external as well so it would have been more trouble than it was worth probably.

So, I have this money burning a hole in my pocket, lol, I was thinking of picking up one of those used sumps I was looking at awhile ago I'm also thinking that I want to do a slow move to the new tank so this way I can have both running at once and move things over slowly. This is also the time to decide if I want to add another tang or two since they will all be moving it should lessen the aggression.

So what tang(s) should I consider? The ones I have now are pretty aggressive so I don't need a mellow one but I don't want a monster either. I like the desjardini's, unicorns and of course the ever elusive white tailed tang ( which I will never find I think). I'm also wondering what else I should add. I definitely want some more blue reef chromis, I was thinking maybe 6-8 of them since the tank will be so large. I'm kinda thinking of a rabbit fish of some type as well. What says you? lol Any and all thoughts will considered as I am very open to suggestions and experiences you guys may have had with a particular fish.

I am very lightly stocked now with a yellow tang, blue tang, tomini tang, melanrus wrasse, pink spotted goby and a purple dottyback. So there will be plenty of room in this new tank. Just suggest do-able fish though, things like a sweetlips or groupers won't work as they will get too large even for this tank.

Thanks everyone, hoping to hear some good thoughts and suggestions.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #243
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: White Tail Bristletooth Tang, Ctenochaetus flavicauda

Email when in stock!
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #244
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I emailed them almost 3 years ago for that fish. LOL Still nothing. I still add my email every few months too, just in case.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #245
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well that is just too bad... was hoping I stumbled upon a breakthrough! Either way, amazing looking fish. You don't have any of the sailfin body type tangs...why not try for a purple? Everyone wants a purple!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #246
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If I had the money for a purple I would probably get a chevron instead lol. I forgot to mention, a "cheaper" tang or other fish. Nothing too much over $100, preferably less than that.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #247
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Just a sailfin then?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #248
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Don't get carried away. Even a 250 fills up fast when it's tangs you're adding.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #249
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

hehe thanks greg....I know, thats why two more tangs are even iffy for me, that would be my max as far as tangs. lol
Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #250
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If a purple tang is one that youre considering, i picked mine up for $110 on live aquaria. It was on sale, down from 170 or 190

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com