Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carey, if you are having problems with corals in this tank because of the filefish you might want to look into the "caribbean biome" sort of deal...might not be exactly, but some of the photosynthetic gorgorians that come out of there are really cool.

Edit: A weeping willow leather coral!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow, dary, glad someone other than me remembers Bob. I really miss him too, he was too cool. I tried one more since but he only lasted a few months. Maybe in the new tank? I love those guys......

Wow, dary, glad someone other than me remembers Bob. I really miss him too, he was too cool. I tried one more since but he only lasted a few months. Maybe in the new tank? I love those guys......

Maybe if you posted a picture of bob more people would appreciate our sickness

Id like to have one but i think my triggerfish would not appreciate him at all......maybe put on in the sump ?

Id like to have one but i think my triggerfish would not appreciate him at all......maybe put on in the sump ?
As long as you have enough for him to eat. I'm sure you know but just in case you don't they will release a purple dye that is toxic if harmed.

Yep thats why i never got for the main tank., i assume they just graze on algae and gunk ?

Just how big are these beauties? And do the climb up and over your rocks ? And are they reef safe?
Yes they are reef safe. Yes they climb on everything so make sure powerheads and intakes are covered so they don't get sucked in. Mine is about six inches long & I believe max size is one foot for the dwarfs.

*my apologies Carey for the hijack :)

Well I think the leathers are getting used to the lighting finally. I have moved up to 50% 50% on the blues and whites and they are open and looking pretty good. The giant toadstool is now a very light beige color now, much lighter than it used to be and the polyps arent extending as long as they used to but it looks a 1000 times better.

Back
Top Bottom