Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm enjoying the updates! :) I'm really sorry about your Lawnmower.

I'll keep my eyes out for those new fish. :-D

I have been going through my old pictures/thread of my 34g from fall 2011. I miss it. :) I had those cool little creatures like an Emerald Crab and a Feather Duster (and lots of shrimp!).

Thanks red, I'm sorry too. It took the second fish dying to really make me get those screens, something I should have done years ago.

Gonna take by b/f out to look at the clowns in a few minutes, hope they look good, they are ORA percs so they should be nice.

Just got home with my two new ORA perculas! My first set of percs ever!I figured they were a bit more aggressive than the oscellaris so they would fit in with the tangs. :)

They are floating right now here is a so so picture. You can see the markings on the one, these guys look more like a premium clownfish with the dark black. So excited to have new clowns!

Good looking fish, I'm sure they will love their new home.

Thanks. :) They are sleeping separate right now, one near the overflow and one like 4 feet away under the output line. lol I hope they find each other and sleep together. They were a littel too close to the overflow earlier so I covered the little part that is in the tank and put a screen in in as well so nothing can swim or jump in. These guys arent the smallest clowns I've ever seen but they aren't that big either.

I was really impressed with the coloring these guys had. The last time I went looking for true percs from ORA the colors were dull in every store I went to. One owner told me that's how they had been coming in for months so I didn't get them then. I had wanted black onyx ones, and they went down to like $50 each but I just couldnt do it. lol I got these guys for $16 each which is a deal around here.

just read through this thread from the start and I must say that im extremely excited about this!! I also see that you are making good use of that 12-bulber monster that you have lol. hope everything goes smooth with this build and im here waiting for the next update

Hey Carey I want to start my stocking list! Where do u order your fish from? Do u mostly use local stores or specific sellers?

Thanks. :) They are sleeping separate right now, one near the overflow and one like 4 feet away under the output line. lol I hope they find each other and sleep together. They were a littel too close to the overflow earlier so I covered the little part that is in the tank and put a screen in in as well so nothing can swim or jump in. These guys arent the smallest clowns I've ever seen but they aren't that big either.

I was really impressed with the coloring these guys had. The last time I went looking for true percs from ORA the colors were dull in every store I went to. One owner told me that's how they had been coming in for months so I didn't get them then. I had wanted black onyx ones, and they went down to like $50 each but I just couldnt do it. lol I got these guys for $16 each which is a deal around here.

I dumped 50 total on my b/w Percs. They were small, but grew and paired up until the male jumped one day while I was at work. Ironically I had a small orange perc in the other tank I was taking down. They paired up and are actually doing better than they were in the separate tanks. The orange was pale as well, but colored up once with the b/w.

I like to buy my fish locally if I can. But i am always ok with ordering online. I have ordered from liveaquaria, petsolutions, aquacon, and reefs 2 go. Plus reefcleaners.org for my cuc.

The only negative experience I had was with reefs2go. They were sloppy, teeny tiny polyps that were left floating in a bag. Just not satisfied with them at all.

Figure for now I will update my tanks in this thread. lol

I picked up a melanrus wrasse and a squareback anthias last night. I put them in during total darkness cause the 125g has those nasty tangs. lol

This morning I put on the blues and the new fish are looking very good. The anthias immediately went into the rocks last night so I was a bit worried about him. I just fed some pellets and the wrasse ate but not the anthias. :-( I wasn't expecting him to actually, my last one only ate frozen and nothing but.

I'll get some photos up soon, been trying not to mess with the fish and just let them be for now til they are totally used to the tank.

Figure for now I will update my tanks in this thread. lol

I picked up a melanrus wrasse and a squareback anthias last night. I put them in during total darkness cause the 125g has those nasty tangs. lol

This morning I put on the blues and the new fish are looking very good. The anthias immediately went into the rocks last night so I was a bit worried about him. I just fed some pellets and the wrasse ate but not the anthias. :-( I wasn't expecting him to actually, my last one only ate frozen and nothing but.

I'll get some photos up soon, been trying not to mess with the fish and just let them be for now til they are totally used to the tank.

That's funny, I too just got a square back. My new favorite fish, except the tusk of corse. :)

I know, I was heartbroken when my last squareback died. This new one is half the size of the old one too so he should hopefully spend a long time in my tank and grow just as large. Bonus was he only cost me $30 when my last one was $50!

Hey, Kio is your sqaure eating yet? I know my last one would only eat frozen so was wondering if you had any luck with pellets or flakes?

I know, I was heartbroken when my last squareback died. This new one is half the size of the old one too so he should hopefully spend a long time in my tank and grow just as large. Bonus was he only cost me $30 when my last one was $50!

Awesome! It's always great when you can get a good deal. :) I love getting fish small so you can watch them grow and flourish.

Back
Top Bottom