Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #541
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just woke up from a nap, had a busy morning!

The fish arrived at exactly 10 this morning. They were packed very well and secure and had lots of water in each bag. All fish arrived alive and look good. The filefish look kinda odd, they didnt do much swimming or anything at all for that matter while I acclimated them. Took almost an hour and a half to get them all set and put into tank.
The chromis are schooling, it looks awesome, but they are tiny so we will see how it goes once they get bigger. The copperband is hunting already for food, but since I have no pods I will have to go get some live brine tomorrow hopefully and maybe i can get him eating.
The rabbit fish is out and about, looks good and went in with the net with no issues.
The midas blenny went in and found the magfloat ASAP and has been perched on it for hours. His colors werent very good when I put him in but he seems to have ll his yellow back now.
AND the filefish. I can locate one right now, not sure where the other got to lol. Couldnt have gotten far, probably just getting used to the tank.
All in all I am very satisfied with liveaquaria, from ordering to delivery they have been great.
I also just made an order from reefcleaners.org for some snails and hermits, they will be delivered friday.
I'm off to see if I can get some pictures of my new little guys, I justput the lights back on and they seem ok with it so maybe I can catch a shot or two of some of them.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #542
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Got some decent shots, here they are. I found the filefish together in the corner all snuggled up with one another, it was so cute! They moved apart when I took the photo.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #543
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They look great! Those chromis look tiny lol :p
Old 11-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #544
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those file fish are cool

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #545
Aquarium Advice Freak

Maybe another video with the new fish!?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #546
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Awesome! Glad to hear everyone is doing good.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #547
Aquarium Advice Addict

Love the Copperband!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #548
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Got some decent shots, here they are. I found the filefish together in the corner all snuggled up with one another, it was so cute! They moved apart when I took the photo.
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing with us!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #549
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks for reading guys, I love sharing everything fish with other fish minded peoples. lol

I fed the tank twice today, lightly of course, with only the chromis and one filefish eating. I also threw in some flake, again chromis were ALL over it, the midas tried some but kept spitting it out. I am going to take a roadtrip tomorrow and pick up some live brine, that should start some of them eating I'd hope.
Chromis are racing back and forth the full length of the tank in a school, I really wanna get a bunch more, it looks so impressive. The copperband and rabbit are like best buddies, they havent left each others side since they went in. The copperband is a bit on the fat side, which gives me hope that he will start eating soon.
I'll work on a video soon, still exhausted from the all night fish-thon and only got a 2 hour nap in this afternoon.
Thank you all for the really nice comments!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #550
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Thanks for reading guys, I love sharing everything fish with other fish minded peoples. lol I fed the tank twice today, lightly of course, with only the chromis and one filefish eating. I also threw in some flake, again chromis were ALL over it, the midas tried some but kept spitting it out. I am going to take a roadtrip tomorrow and pick up some live brine, that should start some of them eating I'd hope. Chromis are racing back and forth the full length of the tank in a school, I really wanna get a bunch more, it looks so impressive. The copperband and rabbit are like best buddies, they havent left each others side since they went in. The copperband is a bit on the fat side, which gives me hope that he will start eating soon. I'll work on a video soon, still exhausted from the all night fish-thon and only got a 2 hour nap in this afternoon. Thank you all for the really nice comments!
Chromis sure are beautiful, especially in a school. I love it when fish become buddies, it certainly makes for some interesting viewing!

I am sure you are very tired! I have never stayed up all night before, .

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com