Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I go through I'd say 40g a week just for the reservoirs. About 15g for the 125g, 10g for the 60g and the 90g and maybe 5 for the biocube. SOoo glad I have the BRS ro/di unit, truly a godsend. I used to lug water before I got a unit. lol

Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #62
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I have some long tongs that can pick up rocks already BUT the length of the tongs is so long I have trouble with it because of my small arms. LOL Plus there is a finesse to placing corals and I prefer to do it with my hands, you get so much better placement and feel with your actual hands. hehe
I absolutely agree that it is WAYYY easier to place a coral with your hand rather than with an instrument. Not sure why that is but there is no comparison.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #63
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

You have some great tanks. Thank you for posting the vids.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just found the tilefish behind the tank. I am seriously bummed. I had glass tops and a large piece of acrylic on the tops and still he managed to get out. There was like a one inch space he coulda gotten through, which clearly he found.

I don't know why I can't keep any fish in this tank. I lost 3 pairs of clowns over the last few years and a sand sifting goby as well.

I'm just speechless right now, I hate this feeling, that was an awesome fish and she was eating so well...
Old 07-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #65
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Sorry to hear that Carey. Maybe put a canopy over the tank to keep everything inside?
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm just at a loss. I havent had a death in quite a while and I had wanted pne of these fish for years, it was right up there with the yellow tang.

I should have put him in the 90g, that tank has very secure lids. But then he would probably have been harassed to death. I just can't win.

I almost forgot how horrible you feel after a fish dies.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I'm just at a loss. I havent had a death in quite a while and I had wanted pne of these fish for years, it was right up there with the yellow tang.

I should have put him in the 90g, that tank has very secure lids. But then he would probably have been harassed to death. I just can't win.

I almost forgot how horrible you feel after a fish dies.
Aw, I'm sorry Carey. One of my Yasha Gobies died by jumping last year in June.

I know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #68
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry for your loss. Losing fish is always hard.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Maybe this will help I had to end up doing it. You can build a mesh top just double the mesh to make the holes smaller.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks guys.

I have 2 rolls of BRS screening but I was waiting for the new tank to put it up.

I'm just amazed at how small of a gap that thing needed to get out. I specifically put the glass tops back on because of their likelyhood of jumping. I heard him jump several times since I had him but the lids kept him in. It's really sad too cause the tangs aboslutely paid him no attention whatsoever, that was my big concern and he goes and carpet surfs on me. Kinda glad I didnt pay the $70 for him that liveaquaria sells them for. I only got to enjoy one of my favorite fish for just a few days. I doubt I will try another one. :-(

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com