Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #691
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
mr_X's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Gotcha...there I go again skimming the thread and missing key parts.
Just make sure you see it eat before you buy it.

BTW, an odd thing is happening to me that might be of some use here:

I sold off my 8' tank and just kept the sumps, which are still running with a few frags in them and a single ocellaris that the new owner didn't want. He has been with me for a couple years now, and behaved normally, until he hit the back frag area- now he will not eat. I have tried everything including live food.
I'm about ready to buy him an anemone hoping it will help his separation anxiety....
So, even though you see something eating/healthy, doesn't mean it will stay that way.
__________________

__________________
thanks,
Doug
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #692
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Ericwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylb View Post
I know its not the same water but i paid $65 for a pleco and it died in the bag on the drive home i rang the fish store straight away and the guy was upset that it died on me so he gave me one for free i was just ringing to let him know and just warn him about the other fish.

Also i read about you having chromis before carey they do add so much more activity to the tank i love mine but sadly it is true they do just die randomly i have only lost one tho good luck with yours
My LFS that offers the 48 hour 50% credit for salt water has a 2 week 100% guarantee on fresh water fish. I think this is due to most of the money being in the equipment in fresh water as opposed to salt where the fish and other creatures can out cost the tank and equipment very easily.
__________________

__________________
Ericwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #693
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Oh, the poor clown. Never heard of one not eating, he must really be depressed. My thoughts would be live brine, I know mine like it alot and heck, if they wont eat that I have no idea what he would eat. lol But seriously, I hope he comes around. It stinks to sit around and be helpless when a fish refuses food, it has killed me inside each time it happens.
I've seen this particular copperband in action eating already, the one I am thinking of trying one final time. he was actually taking mysis from the chromis in the tank. The lfs got back to me and still has both the blonde naso and copperband, but he wont sell them until they have been thru qt and he is certain they will be good. So not sure how long that will be, I know he's had them a few weeks already. The copperband he sold me a few years ago that did well wasnt released for sale until almost 3 months after he got it in.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #694
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
That is great how dedicated that LFS is to QTing! I don't think many do that around here!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #695
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
mr_X's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Oh, the poor clown. Never heard of one not eating, he must really be depressed.
He committed suicide this morning actually
__________________
thanks,
Doug
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #696
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
He committed suicide this morning actually
Sorry about the Clown Mr. X.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #697
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
oh so sorry about your clown X. They are such a cool little fish too. :-(

Thanks redsea, I agree, I like to buy my fish from that lfs but he doesnt really carry many fish he is a 100% aquacultured "boutique" coral shop. lol Very expensive corals and not a whole lot of them, but what he does carry is usually very rare and very beautiful. That also translates to very expensive. lol
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #698
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Thanks redsea, I agree, I like to buy my fish from that lfs but he doesnt really carry many fish he is a 100% aquacultured "boutique" coral shop. lol Very expensive corals and not a whole lot of them, but what he does carry is usually very rare and very beautiful. That also translates to very expensive. lol
Sounds like a dream to me.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #699
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Yeah, this particular lfs is very good. I just heard back from him and he said for theblonde naso and copperband he would do them both for $125. Not a horrible price, just have to scrape up the money now. Hopefully he will still have them both by the time I do. lol
Getting lots of inquiries on the biocube I have for sale but no takers yet, and the 125g guy who was interested, a friend of a friend, hasnt returned my call. :-( The 125g monies will pay for the custom stand for the 60g.lol
I also asked this lfs if he could put baffles in my current sump and he told me he would be too expensive and if I was neat I could do it myself. He also quoted me a price for a new eshopps 75 if I wanted to go that route. Still debating what to do, I think the money flow will dictate what I end up going with.
Spend a few hours this morning scraping the glass in the 125 and getting it picture perfect. lol the glass hasnt been this spotless in a few months. Even went under the sand line a bit to remove some of that gunk, looks pretty darn awesome if I dont say so myself. Also finally got the rock anemone and bubble tip to let go of their aipastia infested rock and moved them into the biocube where they are attached and looking a zillion times better.
Today will be a big water change day, been up all night making water and prepping. Gonna hit the 90g, the 60g and the 180g. Oh, and the 180g has a pellet reactor going for about 3-4 weeks now but I still have nitrates and some phosphates, so no help from it yet.
Almost forgot, it seems pootie tang has taken to re-arranging my corals. LOL Hubby saw him lift up my stunner chalice and move it to the back of the tank. Then after I moved it to the front on the sandbed he moved it again, this time about 2 feet to the left. I find this so amusing, never really thought fish cared about stuff like that.

Anyone else have this happen to them with their fish and coral? Share if you have, i cant be the only one. lol
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #700
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yeah, this particular lfs is very good. I just heard back from him and he said for theblonde naso and copperband he would do them both for $125. Not a horrible price, just have to scrape up the money now. Hopefully he will still have them both by the time I do. lol
Getting lots of inquiries on the biocube I have for sale but no takers yet, and the 125g guy who was interested, a friend of a friend, hasnt returned my call. :-( The 125g monies will pay for the custom stand for the 60g.lol
I also asked this lfs if he could put baffles in my current sump and he told me he would be too expensive and if I was neat I could do it myself. He also quoted me a price for a new eshopps 75 if I wanted to go that route. Still debating what to do, I think the money flow will dictate what I end up going with.
Spend a few hours this morning scraping the glass in the 125 and getting it picture perfect. lol the glass hasnt been this spotless in a few months. Even went under the sand line a bit to remove some of that gunk, looks pretty darn awesome if I dont say so myself. Also finally got the rock anemone and bubble tip to let go of their aipastia infested rock and moved them into the biocube where they are attached and looking a zillion times better.
Today will be a big water change day, been up all night making water and prepping. Gonna hit the 90g, the 60g and the 180g. Oh, and the 180g has a pellet reactor going for about 3-4 weeks now but I still have nitrates and some phosphates, so no help from it yet.
Almost forgot, it seems pootie tang has taken to re-arranging my corals. LOL Hubby saw him lift up my stunner chalice and move it to the back of the tank. Then after I moved it to the front on the sandbed he moved it again, this time about 2 feet to the left. I find this so amusing, never really thought fish cared about stuff like that.

Anyone else have this happen to them with their fish and coral? Share if you have, i cant be the only one. lol
Ive heard of dragon wrasses rearanging the corals and rocks to how they like it, never heard of a tang though.
__________________

__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.