Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about the loss of the Copperband, Carey. There has to be something going on with the Copperbands coming in the trade, because if anyone's tank is healthy/taken care of, it is yours.

I have to go to the dentist at four! I am just going for a regular check-up, but still not very fun.

I am so glad your Naso is okay and doing well, that is fantastic.

Hopefully Twitchy snaps out of this spell soon. :)

Hi Carey,

So sorry for your loss! Hope your feeling ok after your dentist work too!

My oh my... What a day you're having... :(

I think of the tank I could have if I didnt have to waste that money on me.
I am off......
Teeth are pretty important IME! I'd rather have an awesome set of those than an aquarium! ;)
I'm sorry about the butterfly also. I hate that we can't keep so many fish...

Yeah MrX, teeth are important, lol. Just wish it hadnt come tho this as far as how much dental work I needed, I just have genetically bad teeth. :-( But think of the tank and setup I could have had with that money.....makes my insides tingle a little bit. lol
Yeah, I know there are alot of fish that should be left in the ocean, I guess I just think sometimes I am better than the average fishkeeper and can make them work. Pride before a fall, I am just as good as the next person, and not able to do what isnt meant to be done....
Havent turned on the lights in the big tank yet, just got up, but will try to feed again and hope the yellow will eat. I have no idea how long they can go without eating, he hasnt eaten in weeks. I am trying to prepare myself for the inevitable outcome if he doesnt eat soon. Twitchy was my first tang, and one of my oldest fish next to my goby. If he dies i am gonna just die....

What can it hurt? I had a problem with my file fish in the beginning. It would not eat anything. Finally I got some black worms from the LFS and tossed them in....he ate them like spaghetti.
Then as time went by, he started taking prepared. Never went to flake though....only my fresh mixture.

See, isnt that odd? My filefish went for food the day I added them. They even go crazy for algae sheets....lol go figure.

I will see if the lfs has any in stock and go get some if he does. Any other tips or advice? I have some seafood mix i can mash up in the food processor as well if you think that might help.

Well, before you grind up a mixture, just cut a few tiny chunks off of a piece and toss them in.
I do think the live food will work though. My fingers are crossed.

You're the best X. :-D I will try just that. And get the live brine and anything else live they may have like the black worms.

I just fed the tank and while he didnt eat anything he did show some interest for once, swimming right up to a piece but then disregarding it. he MUST be hungry....

Added a good amount of live brine and all the yellow did was go up to it, try one and spit it out. Not the reaction I had been hoping for. Though it is more than I have seen him do in weeks. I also added a piece of macro algae, per the lfs's suggestion to a clip and he so far hasnt gone near it.

I bought two bags of live brine so I can try again later.

Just emptied out the 60g cube in anticipation of the new stand being done in a few days. King crab is in the 180g now being harassed by my very large white legged hermit lol....Kinda funny to see this 4-5 inch crab being molested by a 1.5 inch hermit, the little one will learn a lesson some time soon I bet.
I just love watching sealife, its always something interesting, like how different critters react to one another.

Does anyone know how long a yellow tang can go without eating before he starves himself? Twitchy is still quite fat and thick but at some point he has to starve, just not sure how long that would be.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :) My teeth are much better now. Still quite sore but the hard part wasnt the 3 root canals that only took about 45 minutes but the crown work that took over 3 hours. ugh....Lesson to you younger members, brush your darn teeth more!!! LOL

Well Carey, I'd think that if after 2 weeks and twitchy is still fat...has to be eating something, right? I'd try the live brine again and things should go in your favor.

I fed the rest of the live brine and twitchy finally ate it!! I am sooo happy! I am out of live brine now but I am hoping he will continue to eat the regular frozen brine. I added some frozen stuff in with the brine in hopes of tricking him but didnt see him eat any of that. But i am hopeful now. Its a rare fish that can pass up live food. lol

I fed the rest of the live brine and twitchy finally ate it!! I am sooo happy! I am out of live brine now but I am hoping he will continue to eat the regular frozen brine. I added some frozen stuff in with the brine in hopes of tricking him but didnt see him eat any of that. But i am hopeful now. Its a rare fish that can pass up live food. lol

Yay! That is so great!

Thanks Red, I thought so too. lol I had to see him eat several before i was convinced he was in fact eating it. Just cross your fingers he will start eating the frozen now.

Thanks Red, I thought so too. lol I had to see him eat several before i was convinced he was in fact eating it. Just cross your fingers he will start eating the frozen now.

Definitely will cross my fingers! Hopefully that is all he needed to get back into eating. :)

Good to know the tangs eating, ive been lurking lately lol. Hope he its frozen but if he doesnt, you could hatch or own brine shrimp right?

Back
Top Bottom