Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can we get some more pics or new posts.. I usually spend my day reading your build ( aka catching up) been slow lately don't you think?

LOL, youre telling me! I havent added anything as I'm still kinda scared, but I think I will be doing something soon. :)

I am most likely going to put my mandarin into this tank so I can stop worrying about her eating prepared foods in the cube.

I'm also itching to get some new corals, gotta see where my budget is this month.

I have so many thoughts it's hard to get them all down! I'm also planning on new bulbs some time this month, as the ones I have are a year old and I feel my corals arent getting the light they need. Nothing is dying but I think they looked better in the 55g under the good lights.
hehe...

And the final thought is I don't know what I'm gonna stock yet. I really really want another tang but can't decide which one. I'm gonna start a new thread on the tang I want and see if anyone has any input.

Here are some pictures I took today, I was bored. LOL

Not much has changed but the corals are really growing well. :)

img_1478418_0_c7dbb596628d024b97d03be6fde087db.jpg

img_1478418_1_afbf87f5174f69323a717e8a4cafc09c.jpg

img_1478418_2_60a19511a9b6813179ae5b72ff011aef.jpg

img_1478418_3_a8f899ca06387783e8c784a07e5d2308.jpg

Depends on how many you need. Bulkreefsupply.com has them for $1 less than the cheapest I've found if you buy 4 or more of a specific bulb. Otherwise I think aquacave is your best bet. They will price match if you by chance find them cheaper. I have been searching for months to beat their prices and still can't. :-D

ATI T5 Lamps

Thanks leo, I'll have to check that out. I'll be buying 6 of each type so I can get the discount and if they dropped the price I can save a $12! LOL Nah, thats actually really good...going to go check now :)

do you plan on 6 actinic and 6 aquablue?

try and mix it up if anything i'd go with 2 actinic 6 blue plus and 4 aqua blue, but even then i would rather use the purple plus over the actinics, they give a similar spectrum with alot higher PAR.

I'm thinking if I go ATI- 4 aquablue 2 purple plus 6 blue plus.

I'm way into my blues, and the 2 purples I think will give me a little boost. :)

BUT BUT BUT

i am also considering getting wavepoint bulbs this time around. I'm really low on cash and they are $60 cheaper. I could probably get them this month but the ATI's I can't swing right now. :-(

I'm looking at 6 super daylight 12k's and 6 super blues 460 from them. I wont get the purple but I will be more than happy I think with their spectrum.

if your corals ar doign well then stick with what you have now untill you can get the lamps you really want.

theres nothing worse then spending money on something that you will later regret gettign just because you couldn't afford your choice

I've read some good things about the wavepoints, I think they might be a good cost effective option. :) I'm ok with the corals, but I think they can benefit from newer bulbs. I also hate the yellowish hue I have now with the 10k bulbs. :-(

I'm thinking it's time to stock the tank soon, and I was hoping to get a clam. I know they need extreme light so i wanna be at full potential before that.

grrr...theres so many things I need for my tanks and I'm wanting to do another build so I'm trying to spread my money out. LOL

another build! :popcorn: if your corals are fine then i vote wait until you can buy the good bulbs as for the clam id say go for it when you get good bulbs (y)

Back
Top Bottom