Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know you are gonna be upgrading your bulbs with newer ATI ones... but being as to how youre running a 12-bulb monster, couldnt you squeeze out a bit more bulb life before seeing any ill effects on the tank life? as for whites, ill NEVER use 10k again...nope not a shot...after seeing the 12k directly next to a 10k...

theres nothign wrong with a 10000k lamp, as long as you have the PAR to back it up. look at the PAR ratign on the KZ gen1 coral light, they put out the most PAR of any other daylight lamp you just need to mix more blue in the fixture. maybe use a kz 22000k super blue or ATIs blue plus.

i currently have a 4 lamp with 2 kz super blue and a fiji purple, also a kz new generation 14000k and there is a little to much blue. the coralline algae looks really purple and not so pink kinda of wish i went with the 10000k for the added growing power

oh def not saying that 10k's are bad, just def not my color choice.. washes out too much color in the tank

uhmmm don't I have 10k? Gosh this is soooo confusing, all these k's, blues, par, super more blue, purple, kz figi. Did I miss anything? uggg. Maybe I will plant the weeds, play with my rock and call it good.

actinics.... dont wanna leave them out lol...imma get one of those 700w MH setups from a highway construction lightpole....yep pretty sure my fish will be blind...

lol buffy :p they are just different color spectrums

6500k is the color of daylight. 10000k is bluer 12000k is even bluer, as the kelvins get higher the light gets bluer.

as the suns rays penetrate the water the rays get filtered out. the blue lights penetrate deeper. the reds and greens get filtered out quicker the deeper the light penetrates. so with reef lighting we try to mimic the spectrum that a reef sees so we try to blend the lamps to acheive this.

thats why the water looks so blue in the reefs

nooo i mean those mobile generator lightpoles they use to do road construction at night....def MH and DEF too freaking huge...imagine the heat ouput from 2 of those in a house....forget turning the furnace on in the winter

oh you mean the 1000watt tower lights. people actually use those on their reefs. some use them when they are tryign to penetrate deeper then 30" i mean a 400watter is good for 30" but soem peopel are just nuts

who in their right minds would run those on a tank?? the heat has to be absolutely crazy! i have 2 bulbs just chilling in the corner at work...along with about 6 3-month old t8 bulbs (60 inchers i believe)

lol buffy :p they are just different color spectrums

6500k is the color of daylight. 10000k is bluer 12000k is even bluer, as the kelvins get higher the light gets bluer.

as the suns rays penetrate the water the rays get filtered out. the blue lights penetrate deeper. the reds and greens get filtered out quicker the deeper the light penetrates. so with reef lighting we try to mimic the spectrum that a reef sees so we try to blend the lamps to acheive this.

thats why the water looks so blue in the reefs

Jeez, that almost sounds poetic and uhm I'll say sexy for lack of an appropriate word lmao. Sorry mind in gutter. :oops:Thanks though, I'll have to reread that a few times.

a 1000W MH is for a tank thats REALLY deep im talkinng over 30+ inches for a 22" or 24" deep tank such as a 125G 3x 250W mh would be excellent maybe even a 400W but a 1000W would burn everything inside the tank lol

Back
Top Bottom