Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #1091
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
lookin good your off to a great start

Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #1092
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks hack.

I don't think its too bad for a start. Took forever to get all that rock in there, prob 200lbs by now lol

Now I'm juts waiting for my new overflow to come today. I got eh continous siphon one since I can't seem to keep both tubes going in the tank now. I'm hoping the new overflow will help.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #1093
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks great, love the corals and the star is my favorite.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #1094
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks lefty! I love the star too, i've always wanted one. As a side note about the star, hasn't even come close to any corals yet and it has moved over some snails on the glass so I guess he didn't wanna eat it. lol
Old 06-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #1095
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Thanks lefty! I love the star too, i've always wanted one. As a side note about the star, hasn't even come close to any corals yet and it has moved over some snails on the glass so I guess he didn't wanna eat it. lol
That's great!!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #1096
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Another silly question, but how do I feed the 125g? I always shut the flow down so I could feed in the 55g, the clowns are really spazzy and the goby is really really slow. lol

I used to use 2 frozen cubes for both cube and 55g and split it out so I could feed the cube 3x a day and the 55 twice. Now with all the flow a half cube was just sucked up by all the water volume and disappeared.

I ended up shutting down the left side power head and used my squirt feeder to get some near the goby, he didnt get much, again just too much water. LOL

Any comments welcomed, I'm new to this big tank. The cichlid 125g is easy peasy since the fish come to me. Not like that in the reef tank. :-(
Old 06-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #1097
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I noticed my goby after about a week got more comfortable coming out to grab some food.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #1098
Aquarium Advice Addict

yah I think he should get more comfortable too, I usually just feed my big tank one or two cubes and let is disperse everywhere and I think that way everyone gets a little. It is kind of annoying cause quite a bit goes into the overflow but It's too much of a hassle to turn off the pumps in the tank, I'd have to turn off the wave maker too cause it splashes water over the overflow even if the pump is off.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #1099
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Do you thaw it first? I put the cube in a container with RO water and then turkey Bastet to put it in the tank, it seems to spread out better for me that way.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #1100
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Wow, one or two cubes? LOL

I must be a stingy feeder. Maybe that's why i generally have 0 nitrates? hehee...

I defrost the cube in a dixie cup then feed usually. The goby comes right up to the turkey baster usually. I guess they are all still acclimating. I didn't move over the cuc though so I'm hesitant to overfeed, in my cube the scraps are gone within 5 minutes i have so many.

So far I think I have 5 cerith snails and 3 hermits. I'm planning on adding 40 nasarrious and 10 scarlet hermits next week and 10 blue legged ones.

That's kinds light cuc for a 125 isn't it? I still have the sea hare and lawnmower blenny so I never have algae issues. Oh, I just don't know....rofl

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com