Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just managed to catch the blue tang. he is now in the 125g hanging out behind the rocks. The yellow hasn't spotted him just yet. lemme tell ya, catching that blue was a PITA. LOL I was swearing up and down like crazy. hehe...but it's done so now to see what happens. :)

I;m gonna try to be optimistic about this. I;m usually not but this time I'll try not to over worry or get too pessimistic.

Wish me luck, I'll be sure to post more stuff here, it's what i live for . ROFL

I wish sw fish were as dim-witted as fw fish... My dominos would hide until I took the nets out...too smart

Yea tell me about it. Going to love when I move my fish from there 55 to the new 210.(once I get it going)

I had to take everything out and all the hang on stuff off to get at him. Plus the support bar in the middle on top just meant I had to keep going from isde to side. LOL

I shute off the lights early tonight and the bleu is sleeping behind some rocks where the yellow used to sleep and the yellow is on the complete opposite side. So so far, so good.

On day two of the blue tang being in the 125g and so far you don't see him very much. The yellow hasnt really bothered him yet, could he still be getting used to the tank? he is pretty much hiding behind the rocks and away from the other fish. Although sometimes it seems he is trying to make friends with the yellow tang as he will swim up to him and swim around him for a bit, then he runs away...lol

he is eating though so thats a good thing. I still havent found the rock he sleeps under though, way too much rock to find him at night.

LOL. At least it wasnt like last time I added the two tangs, the yellow was all over their case from the moment they went in. Still not sure he didnt stress the caribbean blue to death, but they were seemingly mellowing out as the days went by.

I tried to get a good shot of them together but with poor results. lol But I;ve attached some of the pics that came out the best out of probably 40 or so attempts. :-D

And we have named our tangs. The yellow is twitcy since shes always so perky and twitchy and the blue is now known as "Pootie".

Please tell me someone gets the "Pootie" Tang reference LOL. It's a reach and most people probably have never seen the movie....oops big hint there.

img_1519365_0_ee13c8d0a1487dfe3e737adc4c81026e.jpg

img_1519365_1_38514c41bddaf58ce33f12e39274f55e.jpg

img_1519365_2_53f7c1351c8e06c7607436e128f8d52b.jpg

QT is now currently empty. I only wanted to add one fish or set of fishes at a time. My next purchase may be 3-4 blue reef chromis. Or a midas blenny. OR a Kole tang even though I said no more tangs. LOL

Kinda depends on what i see and where. The chromis I will have to get online most likely. My fave LFS said he will be getting some in some time son as he has a customer that wants 30!!!! for his 220 reef tank. omg. Can you imagine having 30 of the same fish in one tank, even a 220? Some people.....I just don't get it sometimes....lol

I think I'm gonna head out and do some shopping. I need glass covers for the new 55g i just bought and I may just have to check out the 2 lfs that are near the petsmart I'm gonna go to.

Trying to get this new 55g up and sellable this week. I could use the money. lol So I officially have 4 tanks for sale now. hehe.....

carey said:
I tried to get a good shot of them together but with poor results. lol But I;ve attached some of the pics that came out the best out of probably 40 or so attempts. :-D

And we have named our tangs. The yellow is twitcy since shes always so perky and twitchy and the blue is now known as "Pootie".

Please tell me someone gets the "Pootie" Tang reference LOL. It's a reach and most people probably have never seen the movie....oops big hint there.

Nice looking fish.Carey,don't you think you might have to strong a flow,if that is a hammer in the left corner of the first picture?If it is it will do better in a lot less flow.It looks like the trees in my backyard when Irene passed through Saturday.LOL
Seriously, to strong a flow can be stressful on your corals and fish.My hammer doesn't look as strung out.

Attachments

• image-617382294.jpg
    image-617382294.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 91
I believe it is a frogspawn. Also I believe that Branching hammer is a bit different from your version and they also spread out more.

Nice looking fish.Carey,don't you think you might have to strong a flow,if that is a hammer in the left corner of the first picture?If it is it will do better in a lot less flow.It looks like the trees in my backyard when Irene passed through Saturday.LOL
Seriously, to strong a flow can be stressful on your corals and fish.My hammer doesn't look as strung out.

You might be seeing part of my torch coral, I dont have a frogspawn in that tank. I'm also running both my powerheads today, I rotate the one on and off from time to time. The torch flows ALOT looks just like a nem. :)

carey said:
You might be seeing part of my torch coral, I dont have a frogspawn in that tank. I'm also running both my powerheads today, I rotate the one on and off from time to time. The torch flows ALOT looks just like a nem. :)

My Hammer looked like that when I had to much flow on it,that's why I thought it was a hammer.Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom