Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I truly think getting more fish will make the tangs more active, my pbt is ALL over the place in my tank (i now know your photo taking headaches) once pootie gets comfortable he will explore :)

Yea was my gf that got me to stop stressing my fish. After I over stressed out trig and dogface cus I was overly worried. When I started down it again with the fish now she replied if u don't stop messing with them and stressing them out the the tank has to go. And no sex for a month. Yea I stopped that day. Lol.

I can understand why the no sex part was the biggest factor since she is still your girl friend. Now if you had said "My Wife" I would have expected loosing the tank to be the biggest concern. LOL {boy am I glad my wife doesn't read this forum} :oops:

Eh. We r married. Just don't want to admit it yet. Neather of us believe in it. So we r holding off.

Pootie has officially come out of hiding. :) he's taken over the left side of the tank while the yellow and al the other fish are on the left.

And you know it, I took pictures. LOL I also re did alot of my corals, trying to get a more organized look in anticipation of my fragging adventures.

Full Tank shot

img_1521004_0_633ec9bcd970813e182bf9f288a8df91.jpg

left side

img_1521004_1_7c57cedbf722d2eb526372eaa694c88b.jpg

Right side

img_1521004_2_cf56ae59569d9464f76f0a88db060c2f.jpg

Ok, now that tank would fit very nicely on top of my entertainment system. My 45 just looks too small. I think we should trade don't you. :) Very nice Carey!

What the heck is that note above the tank? And da#@ could you clean your mag float please?

The note is my Kill Bill autographed movie poster! LOL

And yeah, I know, I need to clean the powerheads and the floats. I just did it the other day too. l

To be honest I was hesitant to even post that picture with the dirty mag float, it just ruins the whole look. In fact, I'm gonna go clean them now. :)

One less thing to pick at me for ROFL

Im just amazed at the amount of algae and things growing in your tank, id assume the rapid growth of it is partly due to your 12 bulber? Ive cleaned mine twice since setting up.. And never has it been that green.. Jst amazed

I love the way your tank looks. When we started 55 was huge. Now if it's less than 75 it's now worth having. Bad thing is that 75 is looking really small too I want a bigger saltwater tank and I don't have mine all the way up and running.

I am very envious of alot of people's tanks. And again yours is one of them.

I love the way your tank looks. When we started 55 was huge. Now if it's less than 75 it's now worth having. Bad thing is that 75 is looking really small too I want a bigger saltwater tank and I don't have mine all the way up and running.

I am very envious of alot of people's tanks. And again yours is one of them.

Just think how I feel. I thought my 45 was HUGE when I decided to jump from FW to SW. Now I feel like I am driving around in a Smart Car. LOL

I think the old bulbs are contributing to the algae growth. I dont really have an algae issue though, not anywhere else. The sea hare Bob and my lawnmower make short work of it. They just dont get to the mag floats and the powerheads. I even have to supplement them with algae sheets theres so little algae. Unless we're talking coralline, well then I have to admit it's out of control. Everything is freaking purple. It's starting to encrust on some of my zooa rocks now......

please remember that there are underage folks on this forum. while most of us don't mind the references a page or so ago, some people might.
that said, huma huma- your lighting might not be hitting the glass like hers is.

mr_X said:
please remember that there are underage folks on this forum. while most of us don't mind the references a page or so ago, some people might.
that said, huma huma- your lighting might not be hitting the glass like hers is.

I can totally agree, we are comparing a 12 bulb t5 monster to my 4 bulb cf wimp lol.. I dont have full coverage from front to back unfortunately

AWSOME TANK CARY!!! what kind of sand did you use?? I have a 300 gallon tank ready to get set up but I'm not sure about the sand prices lol on my 84 gal I use beach sand..so I'm just wondering what u used?

Im still bafffled at the sheer expense of a sw tank when someone buys all the "perfect" equipment. Could you imagine the cost of a 125,stand, hood, premade aump, 150 lbs of argonite sand, 150ish lbs of lr.... Thats an insane amount of money

Back
Top Bottom