Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that would be something to heat and light!

Yes, think how much the LEDs would run for that one. LOL For a sump, you would just have to park a fire engine next to it. Your garage might be big enough to hold the RO/DI filter. LOL

LOL. I wish I had a pool let alone a reef pool. hehe....

Since my vidoe from earlier pootie has come out alot more, I guess she's just camera shy.

I'm anticipating adding some fish in the next week or so.

I'm looking at either a Kole tang or my 3 blue reef chromis.

What should I pick? Or should I even consider another tang?
I was also thinking maybe a wrasse, reef safe of course, BUT do they really jump alot out of the tank like people say they do?

I;mnot going to grid off the top so if it will indeed more likely jump I will pass. Which kinda leads me to another question but about the biocube. Would a wrasse do ok in a 29g one? It has a built in lid so if they do jump that much I think I'd be safe. Justnot sure about size of the fish, I'm looking at some out of the ordinary wrasses so I'm not sure about sizes yet.

i have pretty good luck with wrasses. i don't find them jumping too often in a large tank. i had 2 jump out of a 30 cube though...
i like whipfin fairy wrasses. they look nice and are cheap.

I'm waiting for that day when a few people on here get together and buy her a 300g tank and just send it to her. She will find room then.

Was wondering about the wrasse as well. Have a 210 will be working on and wanted to know some good ones.

i wonder how many plasma lights it would take to light a 20g? And I wonder about the par value as well. Who knows, they may be the next thing to come along in aquaria. :)

So, general consensus is a wrasse will be ok without a lid in my 125g? Are there any wrasses that have higher jump rates than others? I was looking at the exquisite wrasse and a few other colorful ones.

I'm gonna add slowly and methodically for now on, at least I hope I can keep to that. LOL

I figure getting another fish this week or next and going the qt route again. I will only buy multiple fish if I go for a schooling type, like the blue reef chromis which I have to add all at once. BUT! if I order online then I will be forced to order more fish as to save on the $35 shipping they jack you with.

I know I want a midas blenny, 3 of the chromis, maybe a kole tang (can get him locally but would prefer to have the guarantee) a wrasse and maybe another fish. I'm still in love with the anthias. I think I would get another squareback and I for sure would have to order that online.

Putting m,ultiple fish into qt worries me though, if just one fish has something then ALL the fish will have something. I also have 2 10g tanks I could use and theres always the 55g in the garage I could set up, but it gets awful hot in there. lol

What do you guys think?

I'm still trying to figure out LED's LOL. I think I am gonna move/sell a tank so I have the wall space to put my rimless tank and hang the leds'. :-D

i wonder how much a plasma bulb would be...maybe it would work as a spotlight application.

how hot do the plasmas get... internal bulb temp is insane but what about the actual fixture its in?

where are you keeping all the tanks that your not using?

My pico is still running in the kitchen, a 10g setup is in the kitchen, the 55g setup is still where I had it in the dining room and the newest 55g I have in the garage but its empty.

My pico is still running in the kitchen, a 10g setup is in the kitchen, the 55g setup is still where I had it in the dining room and the newest 55g I have in the garage but its empty.

sorry, for some reason i thought you had 5 that where empty.

Back
Top Bottom