Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
i wonder how many plasma lights it would take to light a 20g? And I wonder about the par value as well. Who knows, they may be the next thing to come along in aquaria. :)

So, general consensus is a wrasse will be ok without a lid in my 125g? Are there any wrasses that have higher jump rates than others? I was looking at the exquisite wrasse and a few other colorful ones.

I'm gonna add slowly and methodically for now on, at least I hope I can keep to that. LOL

I figure getting another fish this week or next and going the qt route again. I will only buy multiple fish if I go for a schooling type, like the blue reef chromis which I have to add all at once. BUT! if I order online then I will be forced to order more fish as to save on the $35 shipping they jack you with.

I know I want a midas blenny, 3 of the chromis, maybe a kole tang (can get him locally but would prefer to have the guarantee) a wrasse and maybe another fish. I'm still in love with the anthias. I think I would get another squareback and I for sure would have to order that online.

Putting m,ultiple fish into qt worries me though, if just one fish has something then ALL the fish will have something. I also have 2 10g tanks I could use and theres always the 55g in the garage I could set up, but it gets awful hot in there. lol

What do you guys think?

Ask the supplier if the fish are all on the same system, like petco, etc. If a fish five tanks away is diseased, all the fish have been exposed. Then you can decide on separate orders or not.

WOOT! I got myself a new fish today!! He's acclimating right now! I know I shouldnt have but he was just so beautiful I couldnt say no. LOL It was either that or 2 corals and I think I def have enough coral for right now. :-D

Pictures to come!

LOL. Still acclimating and building suspense. LOL Now whatever could I have bought? heheh...something I havent had before kinda ....

I took a leap of faith with this one, I'm hoping he'll make it through acclimation is all. But he is a very pretty fish, as big as my yellow tang.

I will say that I bought two turbo snails for my cube though. Maybe they can help with the never ending algae on the back panel. lol

Figured I'd post some pics of pootie and twitchy while I'm still acclimating. And a not so great photo of the new fish in his bucket.

img_1526096_0_8f6218644ebce27a05aabaa5108b0d29.jpg

img_1526096_1_b8a45a7e8ec58361f850310ed9f2cb98.jpg

img_1526096_2_a1a7c103cd9a0253f75adba3bfc7d8ae.jpg

I'm not so great with my camera skills, I still can't figure out how to focus or zoom in and focus. lol

When and if you see a good photo by me, it's a fluke, I promise.

LOL whenever I go to concerts (which is a lot) all of my friends tell me to take video because "you are like pro photographer". I even did the guest book/photgraphy at a friends wedding.

Back
Top Bottom