Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleeperr34 said:
With an aggressive sw how do u keep crap from over running the tank. With out a clean up crew? Cus I know if u put a puffer in there it will eat everything.

VERY carefully lol

I was thinkin more along the lines of an eel of some kind and some angels, hawkfish, ya know stuff I cant have in my reef tanks.

If I told you how much you'd all hate me.

I dont see why someone couldnt do one in a 90, steer clear of the clown,niger,queen and titan triggers, all those get 15" +

Would a dwarf angel live in that aggressive of a tank? If so i would recommend one, cuz your never gonna put one in a reef LOL

Ok.... Have to know how much u paid now.

And if u got a great deal on it why sell it. When u can do sooooo much with it. And it's already almost ready for u. Just a little pipe work. Sone rock. Sad. And water and ur done.

And I know just the eel u should get.

Attachments

• image-1191020278.jpg
    image-1191020278.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 80
My lfs had a black and red eel yesterday and he was awesome! I could also get wrasses too! I soo want one. And if fish only I don't need an uber light setup. I actually have 2 36" single lights and 1 double 36" light. Little short but all the light I'd need.

Me and the b/f are in discussions right now about keeping it or not. He's not happy with me. ;-(

I would still need a stand and powerheads.

U can find a cheap stand on cl. And u don't need a lot of flow with fish only. U so should keep it. U know u want to keep it. Use the womanly charms on him.

carey said:
I was thinkin more along the lines of an eel of some kind and some angels, hawkfish, ya know stuff I cant have in my reef tanks.

If I told you how much you'd all hate me.

I hate you already from all the envy.. sooooooooo how much?

I actually am disappointed in your step backwards .. I thought AA was for poeple with MTS ... you seemed to have forgotten the 10 step program.

I'm just selling off tanks I dont need and will flip that moneyinto more tank gear and fish. :)

I love my cichlid tank but the community tank while it is very cool and pretty is just not for me. Got that sold for $140 just waiting for my firend to pick it up. Also have had a bunchof calls on my $100 55g that I bought for resale so I'll only make like $30 off that setup.

I paid $200 for the new drilled 90g with all the trimmings. :-D

All still shrink wrapped and in original boxes. I got a heck of a deal. I'm ashamed to even admit the price whichis why I havent til now.

So as you can see, craigslist CAN be your best friend. First deal of that magnitude I've found so far, other than 150lbs of dead base rock for $50 which some schmuck beat me to by like 15 minutes. So just keep looking, I search within an hour an a half distance for items. This setup was 50 miles from my house but well worth the gas money and the 2 hour trip.

That's ok. My friend got a 90g drilled. Stand. canopy. Lights. Sump. Ro/di and all the fixings for $400 a week ago. And I'm loving my 210 with everything I got for $1200. So deals r everywhere just have to be open and look for them.

Can't wait to see this tank come together.

Just got a picture of twitchy and pootie together! they are constantly swimming back and forth together now. SOO glad they made friends. Just hope the tomini tang will fit in as easily.

img_1532481_0_eba4ce9b21945e5e967b3f44df8dadd5.jpg

Just got a picture of twitchy and pootie together! they are constantly swimming back and forth together now. SOO glad they made friends. Just hope the tomini tang will fit in as easily.

img_1532583_0_eba4ce9b21945e5e967b3f44df8dadd5.jpg
Nice picture. i had a quick question. When you already have tangs and you buy another is it best that the new one you have bought is the same size or bigger than the ones you already have? Thanks

I intentionally got a larger tomin so that if there were trouble at least he would be size comparable. the threee tangs Ihave are almost all the same size, the blue is the smallest of the three so far. I still have another week and a half til I can put the tomini in as well.

The best case scenario is to add all the tangs at once but since I couldn't I went this route. I was looking at a scopas tang but he was way too small and if he did get picked on I don't think he could have held his own.

Thanks for asking, he's still in the 55 qt and eating ans swimming like normal. Only weird thing is he dug a hole under a rock and sleeps there like my blue tang did. LOL The lfs said that wasnt really normal for tomini's but if he was looking ok then it should be fine. I think I have a weird fish. LOL

Back
Top Bottom