Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I could do that. The first fish I put in my 55 died on me and it sucked. I love them. It's nice to see them when I cone home from work all happy and swimming around.

Ouch. The only fish I have had die on me totally wasn't my fault (bicolor blenny died during drip acclimation with a hawkfish, so water conditions didn't have anything to do with it.)

This place is the reason I'm not getting a ton of fish and the reason I have some of them. LOL.

I would have gotten...

A yellow tang
An ORA spotted mandarin (off of Aquacon, I may add)
A sun coral
A seahorse (I don't know what I was thinking)

And probably a bunch of other things. Thanks, I guess!

Glad you are informed enough now to not have just gone off and gotten difficult animals. Alot of people don't have that luxury and the poor things suffer because of it.

Seahorses are good in a species only tank though, the tang just needs a big tank and the sun coral just needs a lot of attention. All things you may one day be up to the challenge to try. :)

Glad you are informed enough now to not have just gone off and gotten difficult animals. Alot of people don't have that luxury and the poor things suffer because of it.

Seahorses are good in a species only tank though, the tang just needs a big tank and the sun coral just needs a lot of attention. All things you may one day be up to the challenge to try. :)

Was considering using the 20 gallon I want to get from my science teacher for a seahorse. I think they are too expensive though. Im thinking FW community. or snowflake eel. I read they can be kept in 20s. is that correct or wrong (i assume wrong)

cant handle the sun coral. way too much work, IMO. plus I am horrible at target feeding. I have yet to get one brine shrimp to my green ricordia.

Not sure about the eel, for sure not my specialty. lol

FW community is nice and easy, I have one still, even though I just listed it on CL LOL. I;d rather have the money for a saltwater tank and supplies.

You can get seahorses i think for like $150 a pair, kinda pricey but some people are into them. Me, I personally think they look creepy. LOL

I like them. Think the creepiness of them is what makes them cool. It's just the way the move so slow. And the shape.

Update time!

I'll start with the lights! I just ordered my new bulbs, I'm so excited.
I went with

6 ATI aquablue specials
4 ATI Blue Plus'
2 ATI Purple Plus

I'm gonna give the purple ones a shot and they were only $15 a peice! Woot!

Between that and the discount at BRS on the group buy I was able to come in just under $200, $50 cheaper than if I hadn't come across the deals.

The tomini tang is still freaking me out. Dug a huge deep hole where it hangs out in the QT. I plan on moving him over to this tank this weekend.

Also gonna start dosing for alkalinity, so this should be an adventure. :)

And finally , I added a literal TON of photos to my albums today so take a peek if you're interested.

Thanks everyone!

LOL. Noper. NOT even close. Just thanking everyone for reading and following.

Actually now is a good time to reveal my next fish I have finally decided on.

4 Blue reef chromis This is for sure
1 Midas Blenny This is for sure
1 Anthias- prefer a squareback again
1 Blue Asessor- this is a ehh maybe if I have enough room.

Other than that I will just be adding corals and possibly a star fish.

Think that sounds about right? I think that'll bring out my clowns more and get more action in the tank. All it is now is my yellow tang being followed everywhere by my blue tang. They are inseparable. I hope the new tang gets along with them. another thing to worry about.

Hmm I forgot about that. That's a tough one actually. I thought three originally but then figured one more wouldn't hurt and would probably get them schooling. I may have to go with 5 and be a bit overstocked. By just a tad. Theres still plenty of swimming room as most of my current fish are hiders. LOL

carey said:
Hmm I forgot about that. That's a tough one actually. I thought three originally but then figured one more wouldn't hurt and would probably get them schooling. I may have to go with 5 and be a bit overstocked. By just a tad. Theres still plenty of swimming room as most of my current fish are hiders. LOL

I would go with 5 on the schooling side of things. I might get a pair of bluegreen chromis to add to my current 3 to maybe help schooling. They school about two thirds of the time, but kinda stay 3 inches away from each other most if the time.

carey said:
LOL. Noper. NOT even close. Just thanking everyone for reading and following.

Actually now is a good time to reveal my next fish I have finally decided on.

4 Blue reef chromis This is for sure
1 Midas Blenny This is for sure
1 Anthias- prefer a squareback again
1 Blue Asessor- this is a ehh maybe if I have enough room.

Other than that I will just be adding corals and possibly a star fish.

Think that sounds about right? I think that'll bring out my clowns more and get more action in the tank. All it is now is my yellow tang being followed everywhere by my blue tang. They are inseparable. I hope the new tang gets along with them. another thing to worry about.

Blue reef chromis look amazing. So do the anthias

I don't know about the anthias but a school of 6 would be amazing and going to happen in my 75. You have the room in your 125

Back
Top Bottom