Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I accliamated and then moved tomini over to the 125g. :) A day ahead of schedule but I really wanna get the 55g cleaned up and ready for sale.

So far so good, the blue tang is afraid of it as I figured and the yellow is acting fine, no aggression so far. The lights are gonna go to blues in a minute so hopefully that wills settle everyone down even more.

Now to get back to boiling live rock and killing aiptasias. Live rock stinks when its hit with boiling water by the way if you were curious. yech...

Tomorrow I will hit it with the pressure washer and then leave it out in the sun to bake. That should get rid of the little buggers. lol

So I think I got all the nems, lol, a few pots of boiling water and 3 days soaking in fresh water. woot!

I took a few shots of the new rock I will be incorporating into the 125. I figure i'll have about 250lbs in here now and that should enough. Needed more perches and spots for corals so hopefully my plan works out.
img_1551757_0_fff9245933d26ae7c969b0a25c2d7be1.jpg

img_1551757_1_644458b049f54aefc67993cc1b0063b7.jpg

img_1551757_2_59795ac50687f6568662c8f13c88a7a4.jpg

It's now snail picking time. lol or I should go do it now anyways. I wanna empty the 55g and get all the aipstasia growing in the sand out now. I was gonna take all the inverts, and theres a lot of em out, put themin my cube and then try to nuke the temperature in the 55g to kill the aiptaisa.

Does that sound like a good plan? I mean if it were 95 degrees in the tank wouldnt that kill off everything left in it?

Thanks. me either. just gotta get rid of the 55g. the guy who was interested flaked out on me. :-( so back to the drawing board trying to find a buyer. All this does is annoy me, I'm never gonna get this 90g going unless I get rid of the 55g.

carey said:
Thanks. me either. just gotta get rid of the 55g. the guy who was interested flaked out on me. :-( so back to the drawing board trying to find a buyer. All this does is annoy me, I'm never gonna get this 90g going unless I get rid of the 55g.

I know, it is a pain when people flake out. I was once selling my old iPhone On eBay. One person outbidded another high bidder and then he decided he didn't want it.GRRRRR lol.

Wouldn't worry. U will get it done. Just going to take sone time. I'm just as bad. But I'm worried I going to do something wrong on the 210 and the fish won't be happy or healthy In the 210.

For those that still follow along,
I couldnt wait for the last 4 new bulbs to come so I added the new 8 bulbs last night.

I swapped out 6 10k whites for 6 ATI Aquablue specials at 12k and added 2 ATI purple pluses

The tank is definitely very PURPLE/PINK LOL. I'm hoping the new 4 ATI blue plus's will dampen that effect a bit. The coralline is pretty much all that you see now. Not the effect I was looking for at all. Trying to dampen all that purple is what I wanted and to bring out the reds and other colors of my corals.

I should be getting the last four bulbs today, they are out for delivery. Hopefully they balance out the tank better.

:-D

An getting closer to ordering my last stock for this tank, the 5 blue reef chromis and a midas blenny. :) Hoping to order them by next week or so. Gonna probably go with live aquaria. :)

Not sure the pictures capture the purple-ness of the tank but here they are. With flash and without. On a happy note UPS just delivered my last four blue plus bulbs. woot!!

img_1555115_0_c85d9610c8352593ab38c1e82509a5c3.jpg

img_1555115_1_51506e7ec38e5cb8fc239070275ab8a1.jpg

Not necessarily. It all depends on the par rating the bulbs give off, not too sure about how purple fits in though. I think it's mostly for looks. I was just looking to make some of my red and yellow corals pop a bit. the yellow tang looks awesome under these lights too. But I'll update later after I put in the remaining 4 blue pluses. That picture is with 2 purples and 2 old actinics. So the purple is probably over riding the weak blues. :)

With all the lights on it still has a purple shade to it but it's a bit more balanced.

Thanks twitch!
I hope to re do all the rock work some day really soon. I have all the new base rock just sitting in front of the tank waiting to go in. Just gotta have the b/f here to help me lift the lights down and then I gotta be inspired. I'm figuring this will be the last rescaping I'm gonna do rock wise as with this rock I will have 250lbs of rock total. Means I gotta take all the corals out and then do the rock work and keep in mind where I want the corals. I'm also almost fully stocked coral wise too, I have a few more I'd like in there but then it's just gonna be sit and watch it all mature. That's when the reef will really shine I think. In about 6 months I expect to have a really nice setup.

here's a good question....

I have enough money for either 5 blue reef chromis and the midas blenny OR I can order the hanna testers for alkalinity and calcium.

Which would you guys buy?

Yea ur tank does look great.
I know what u mean. I redid my 55 prob 5 times. And with the 210. Most of the rock is stuck to one another and so I'm not redoing that one at all. I say the blue chromis.

Back
Top Bottom