Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My chromis and midas blenny should be getting shipped today for delivery tomorrow. I'm so excited!!! I finally will have the 125g stocked. :-D

Haha I know what you mean :) Once my Midas Blenny + Hammer Coral come in the mail, all I will need is the Sixline Wrasse for my 90! Now onto the Biocube...

My chromis and midas blenny should be getting shipped today for delivery tomorrow. I'm so excited!!! I finally will have the 125g stocked. :-D

I know that feeling! I bet you can't wait for your package to come tomorrow. I would probably be sitting outside waiting!

I even went out and got new acclimation buckets, LOL, I've never acclimated more than 3 or 4 creatures at a time. I soo hope everything arrives safe and alive. I've read that the blue reef chromis aren't very hardy.....I also hope I don't get "out of stock" for the midas, he is a tough one to get. According to their website if an item is out of stock they will ship it separately for free within 2 weeks but after that they just cancel the order. :-(

Got my shipment confirmation from live aquaria. :-D According to it I am in fact getting my midas blenny!!

I am however concerned because the fedex delivery says delivered by THREE PM! I have only received my fish previously by next day air. So for my $35 shipping I figured I'd get it earlier. :-(

As usual I will take pictures of the packaging and everything as i go so you guys can see how live aquaria works. :-D

carey said:
Got my shipment confirmation from live aquaria. :-D According to it I am in fact getting my midas blenny!!

I am however concerned because the fedex delivery says delivered by THREE PM! I have only received my fish previously by next day air. So for my $35 shipping I figured I'd get it earlier. :-(

As usual I will take pictures of the packaging and everything as i go so you guys can see how live aquaria works. :-D

They are great packers... I posted my delivery from them on my thread.

carey said:

Great! Can't wait to see tomorrow! Can't wait to see the fish!

The delivery arrived at about 10:30 this morning! :)

Following are the pictures of where I am up to as of now. They are still in their acclimation buckets. The packaging was ok I guess, looks like the bags were just thrown in and there were no icepacks. :-( There also wasn't anything in the box to keep the bags from moving around which is kinda weird. They also used the black out bags if anyone wanted to know. :)

Anyways here are the shots I took so far

img_1589456_0_73e249f9b43e9ba64a7f125ea02f39fe.jpg

img_1589456_1_79e495858ed249b10983308ab947bf6f.jpg

img_1589456_2_3ade0e5601a44054076c8f719895ebdb.jpg

img_1589456_3_8e18c9ff57047dc3cd02d9d55533482e.jpg

Awesome fish carey! Those Chromis are beautiful! I am glad they all arrived safely! I can't wait to see them all in the QT tank with the Anthias. I also can't wait to see them in the display tank, but I know that is a little far away.:)

Thanks :-D I can't wait to get them out of the buckets and into the qt. I;m sure they will look even more awesome. lol

I plan on holding them in qt for 2 weeks so it won't be that bad. :)

So far they all look pretty healthy and are quite active so that's a plus. Should make netting them a joy LOL

Thanks :-D I can't wait to get them out of the buckets and into the qt. I;m sure they will look even more awesome. lol

I plan on holding them in qt for 2 weeks so it won't be that bad. :)

So far they all look pretty healthy and are quite active so that's a plus. Should make netting them a joy LOL

I was just wondering, how do you acclimate with that many fish? Thanks!

I have a row of little buckets set up in front of the tank. I just add a small amount of water every few minutes. :) Once I fill up the small bucket I take water out and repeat. I have 2 buckets with 2 chromis each, one bucket with the 5th chromi and 1 bucket for the midas.

carey said:
I have a row of little buckets set up in front of the tank. I just add a small amount of water every few minutes. :) Once I fill up the small bucket I take water out and repeat. I have 2 buckets with 2 chromis each, one bucket with the 5th chromi and 1 bucket for the midas.

Cool, sounds like you have a nice system going on. These Chromis looks great! I normally only see the blue-green ones.

yeah, once I saw the blue reef ones on aquacon I knew I just had to have them. they arent supposed to be as hardy as regular chromis but they are different and definitely colorful. I will be putting them into the tank very soon and will try to get some full shots of them.

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate it. :-D

yeah, once I saw the blue reef ones on aquacon I knew I just had to have them. they arent supposed to be as hardy as regular chromis but they are different and definitely colorful. I will be putting them into the tank very soon and will try to get some full shots of them.

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate it. :-D

Fantastic! I will keep watch for the close-ups of the Chromis!:)

I have the funniest story!! I have all my little buckets lined up in a row, as you can see in the pictures....I was netting a chromi out of the second bucket and he actually JUMPED up in the air and landed in the 3rd bucket! I was like OMG! Probably more effective if you were here to see it but I just had to share. lol

Here are some shots of the new fish. Unexpected issue though, the Anthias is chasing the chromis around. :-( I guess he is semi aggressive after all. Hopefully they will be fine for 2 weeks together in the 55g, the 125g will give them more room for sure so hopefully the aggression ends there.

img_1589547_0_3539d7ab65b86196da3a4fef0f3cddab.jpg

img_1589547_1_b288f9105ddfe9639fdd87e53f4b25dd.jpg

img_1589547_2_6f05da9f5c26cf3e120119a1cc2abbe3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom