Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the fish in QT are doing very well. :-D They all seem to be getting along just fine. can't wait until I can move them over to the 125g! The chromis are grouping up like I had hoped and are very active in the tank, even the blenny is out an about alot.

Greenturtle said:
I just ordered the Midas Blenny!!! Finally!!! Lol I was strolling along on LA during math (don't ask) and I raced home to buy the Midas Blenny and a Medium Hammer Coral :) I really did not want to buy from Aquacon.

LA in math class... Sounds like me:D

Bad news i think. :-( I haven't seen Bob the sea hare in a few days. He is usually out and about as soon as the white lights go off but so far nothing. I have looked the best i can without breaking the tank down for him and so far haven't found him. I am hoping to break down the tank this weekend to do some re arranging and add more rock in so I hope I find him then, one way or another.

Since he's been missing for so long I've been testing my water for a spike in ammonia or anything but so far the readings are 0. I also don't have a huge clean up crew so I doubt if he died he's been eaten yet.

Should I do the tank breakdown tonight does anyone think? or should I just wait til saturday as planned?

My poor Bob, he was one of my first additions and has lasted over 8 months and gone through like 3 tank upgrades. I've heard they don't last very long in captivity, usually only a few months, but mine was doing so well, he probably has quadrupled in size at least. :-(

Bad news i think. :-( I haven't seen Bob the sea hare in a few days. He is usually out and about as soon as the white lights go off but so far nothing. I have looked the best i can without breaking the tank down for him and so far haven't found him. I am hoping to break down the tank this weekend to do some re arranging and add more rock in so I hope I find him then, one way or another.

Since he's been missing for so long I've been testing my water for a spike in ammonia or anything but so far the readings are 0. I also don't have a huge clean up crew so I doubt if he died he's been eaten yet.

Should I do the tank breakdown tonight does anyone think? or should I just wait til saturday as planned?

My poor Bob, he was one of my first additions and has lasted over 8 months and gone through like 3 tank upgrades. I've heard they don't last very long in captivity, usually only a few months, but mine was doing so well, he probably has quadrupled in size at least. :-(
Sorry about your situation. If your readings are ok, and you don't want to breakdown the tank any earlier than Saturday, I would say wait.

yeah, I'm really bummed about possibly losing Bob. It's not looking good for him unfortunately. he blends in soo well and I have soo much rock it's almost gonna be impossible to find him. I'm still hoping he's in there alive and well but my hope is dwindling each day that passes by. :-(

yeah, I'm really bummed about possibly losing Bob. It's not looking good for him unfortunately. he blends in soo well and I have soo much rock it's almost gonna be impossible to find him. I'm still hoping he's in there alive and well but my hope is dwindling each day that passes by. :-(
Even if he has passed, at least he had a good life, he may have passed months sooner in a LFS tank.

Thats' what I keep telling myself, still hard to lose one of your pets. He was the coolest creature ever, he survived the tank plague and was huge. I got him when he was like 2 inches big and he was last seen at about 6 inches or longer. Just tough for me, I'll miss him. I used to watch him at night with the flashlight and I even put algae sheets near the sandbed for him to eat.

I'll miss him.....I won't be replacing him either, I think I had my luck with them and will move on....

Thats' what I keep telling myself, still hard to lose one of your pets. He was the coolest creature ever, he survived the tank plague and was huge. I got him when he was like 2 inches big and he was last seen at about 6 inches or longer. Just tough for me, I'll miss him. I used to watch him at night with the flashlight and I even put algae sheets near the sandbed for him to eat.

I'll miss him.....I won't be replacing him either, I think I had my luck with them and will move on....
They are definetely cool creatures, I had never heard of one or seen one until I looked at the thread. I don't blame you for not wanting another, sometimes you like osmething so much that you just can't replace it.

Cukes eat algae right? I was looking at one for my biocube. :) I'm not sure I have enough algae in my tank though for another algae eater. Between the lawnmower and the tangs they keep things pretty bare as far as algae.

I haven't seen my lawnmower since I got him... I'm sure I've overlooked it since it blends in so well.

Speaking of Lawnmowers, I had one once a few years ago, but unfortunetely he didn't last long. Sometimes it is hard to get Blennies to eat things other than algae, right?

Nope... Was ugly either way you look at it... Almost quit because of it.. Now I'm looking for 180g to put in new house..lol.. how things have changed.

Nope... Was ugly either way you look at it... Almost quit because of it.. Now I'm looking for 180g to put in new house..lol.. how things have changed.
I am looking for a 180g too, I hope a mystery disease never happens to me. I never Qt'd, and never planned on it, but after hearing all of these horrific stories, I know for a fact that I will be Qt'ing fish for my future 180g.

ive been doing a lot more research on corals, specifically zoa's they can take out fish if disturbed and release toxins... has this been brought up as a thought, I didnt remember reading it anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom