Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys, I think i will wait it out til saturday and then go digging for him. :-(

After my plague I have been qt'ing and to be honest, it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I mean yeah, you can't have the fish in the DT for a couple weeks but it seems to go by so fast. lol Plus it gives you a chance to concentrate on the new fish, like seeing their personality and feeding preferences in a small tank without the over abundance of rock and other fish to contend with.

Thanks guys, I think i will wait it out til saturday and then go digging for him. :-(

After my plague I have been qt'ing and to be honest, it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I mean yeah, you can't have the fish in the DT for a couple weeks but it seems to go by so fast. lol Plus it gives you a chance to concentrate on the new fish, like seeing their personality and feeding preferences in a small tank without the over abundance of rock and other fish to contend with.
Exactly, that makes sense to view their eating patternts, and behaviors before they go in the DT. Never looked at it that way before. It is it nice to know if they have a disease that it won't be spread to your whole tank, and you won't have to treat your whole tank. I still don't know what size my QT will be, I will be getting some Tangs, so I don't want it too small.

I'd go with a 20L or a 29g if you can, especially if you will be looking to get larger fish. I love having the 55g as the qt, plenty of room for most anything. :) Once the 55g comes down though i will be using a 20R or a 29g. I'm not sure which one though, it's my B/F's parents old tank that I should go pick up this weekend if I can muster the energy. lol

I'd go with a 20L or a 29g if you can, especially if you will be looking to get larger fish. I love having the 55g as the qt, plenty of room for most anything. :) Once the 55g comes down though i will be using a 20R or a 29g. I'm not sure which one though, it's my B/F's parents old tank that I should go pick up this weekend if I can muster the energy. lol
Great, I will probably go with a 29g, since it is larger (It is the same length as the 20L, right?). :thanks:

LOL. I wish! I just found a beautiful 180g on CL, I know the owner too but I don't have anywhere to put it. :-( $500 bucks and it's predrilled on both sides and comes with a stand and huge refugium. He originally was asking 1000 for it a few months ago but I guess he needs the money...I'm just gonna have to be happy with the 125g :-D LOL

LOL. I wish! I just found a beautiful 180g on CL, I know the owner too but I don't have anywhere to put it. :-( $500 bucks and it's predrilled on both sides and comes with a stand and huge refugium. He originally was asking 1000 for it a few months ago but I guess he needs the money...I'm just gonna have to be happy with the 125g :-D LOL
Thats a nice price! Do you have a basement? You could put a tank there!

carey said:

Yep I had to pass up a good deal on a 150long. Sweety pie wants her living room back. Now we are going back and forth on what to keep.

Maybe one day I'll have a big sw tank.

Coming in late here but wanted to say I am sorry to hear about that Carey. :-( As for the cucumber, I have heard that when they die they give off a really bad toxin that can wipe out the entire tank. Fish and corals.

not just when, they die but when they're disturbed as well. I just thought it would be something to mull over, since everything they could test for came back neg. Those toxins wouldn't leave a mark on the fish or anything

tigertails are ok. i wouldn't recommend one unless you don't want live sand. they swallow up dirty sand and poop out pure white piles of it, however, it's not in the main area- just around the rock work in my experience.

So I'm sitting here looking at the 55g with the fish in it and I'm getting antsy to move the fish to the DT. I know I can probably be ok if I do, the anthias has been in almost 3 weeks and the chromis will hit the 2 weeks mark on tuesday.

None have showed any sign of sickness or anything abnormal. They actually are quite comfortable in the tank and all are eating like pigs. LOL I'm even a little worried about taking them from their happy home to move them.

Should I move them this weekend or let them stay until next week ya think? Also the faster I move them out the quicker I can get the tank ready for sale and start the 90g build. :-D

Am I just being inpatient? hehe.... sometimes I can't tell

I would keep all of the fish in there for a few more weeks. My kole tang is showing small signs of ich in his 4th week of QT. 4 weeks of hypo, here we go :\

I will be waiting til sometime this week to move the fish over. You guys snapped me out of my inpatient mood. LOL

Thanks everyone for the comments, helped me to decide. I would have given the advice to wait to someone else so I should just listen to what I would say if it wasn't me. hehe

So a couple more days and in they will go! Getting excited to see how they fill out the tank and if they will bring out the other fish more. As it is they ALL run and hide if I approach the tank. From a distance I can see all the tangs playing and swimming but if I dare to get closer they run away. they even hide when I go over to feed them. :-(

Is it just a tangs nature to do this or do I have reclusive anti social fish? LOL

Don't know about regular tangs buy my Kole tang is a show off. Come anywhere near the tank and he is front and center. LOL

Back
Top Bottom