Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #1441
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So sorry Carey for your loss, I know how sad you are.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #1442
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler View Post
I meant I wouldn't flush the tuna down the toilet...the reason I said to burn or bury it is because the tang is too big to flush, and she doesn't want it sitting in her garbage til Tuesday...I don't have a problem flushing fish...
lol...roger that.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #1443
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry to hear about your Tang
Old 06-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #1444
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks guys. i appreciate the thought. I'm still so stunned. I just got him last thursday and no other fish seem to be bothered. The anthias is hiding alot but I don't think it likes the flow plus it's said they aren't a high light type of fish until fully acclimated.

If I turn off the pumps and sump every fish starts swimming everywhere, it's truly very cool.

Going forward I was gonna downgrade my 2 koralia 1400's back to my 2 koralia 750's. Is that too little flow? I also have the 1000gph apprx return going too.

I'm so trying to distract myself from the tang. I don't think I can take care of the remains myself, luckily my b/f just got home so I'll ask him to do it. :-(
Old 06-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #1445
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Sorry about your loss Carey.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #1446
Fish R friends, not food!

It most likely was nothing you did wrong. And you did every thing you could to save him. I killed a whole tank (14 fish) by cleaning both of my cannisters on the same day and basically killing off my BB. I couldnt have felt worse if I killed one of my dogs. It was a horrible day. It will get better and you will move on. You didn't do anything wrong.
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #1447
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Thanks guys. i appreciate the thought. I'm still so stunned. I just got him last thursday and no other fish seem to be bothered. The anthias is hiding alot but I don't think it likes the flow plus it's said they aren't a high light type of fish until fully acclimated.

If I turn off the pumps and sump every fish starts swimming everywhere, it's truly very cool.

Going forward I was gonna downgrade my 2 koralia 1400's back to my 2 koralia 750's. Is that too little flow? I also have the 1000gph apprx return going too.

I'm so trying to distract myself from the tang. I don't think I can take care of the remains myself, luckily my b/f just got home so I'll ask him to do it. :-(
You may have to strong a flow from what you are saying.I have four anthias under 2 250MH and they were out all the time from day one.

I would try reducing flow.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #1448
Aquarium Advice Addict

As many jokes as I made trying to cheer you up carey ..im very sorry for you lost.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #1449
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry to hear about your tang. I have been following the updates, unfortunately, I am so new to this hobby I couldn't offer any advice. If there is one thing I do know...its how you feel.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #1450
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You guys have all cheered me up so much. I was beyond devastated earlier. I'm still just trying to figure it out and have been watching the other fish like a hawk.

I think I will not be adding another tang. I just don't have the heart to do it. I might consider a caribbean blue, but only a large and healthy one that I would qt.

Theres a lesson in EVERY event, this one is to qt. So far the anthias I got the same day is fine, if not a little shy. He was in a separate filtration system so maybe he is safe. I don't know what happened, one day he was fine and bright yellow, the next day all brown and dead.

If it was a coral what kind could do that kind of damage to him? I mean if he got stung, wouldnt he move and not continue to get stung? Or maybe the stress and all got him in the end.

If anyone saw any of the pictures and has any ideas what could have caused the death please feel free to share. Not sure if I could get another one if I didn't somewhat have an idea of what went wrong this time.

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com