Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you say everything happens for a reason, and i say everything will work out.

so you see carey. your covered in both present and future tense.

I would love to have more pictures!! I love your tank so much...I'm living vi-Carey-ously through you! Bahahaha...get it?? :) but seriously...please

The midas is swimming out front and very active, I'm so glad. :-D The anthias is now eating pellets too so it's been a good couple days in Careyland. LOL

I will probably make a new tanks video on Monday, got to recharge my camera battery hehe....but I will try to get some more pictures!

I have to admit, the best thing I could have done was adding the new fish, my tangs are now out and swimming together, the whole tank has come alive it seems. Clowns have for the first time in like 6 months comeout of the back rear right corner and actually swim in the front now! I am so pleased!

Ahh the cursed xenia! The little $4 frag has grown into a darn forest! I just moved it this last week, it's for now sitting on the sand in the far left corner so it doesn't attach to any more rocks. lol

The pulsing really fascinated me too, at first, now it just keeps growing and growing and any rock it comes in contact with it attaches to. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't. I don't have any in any of my other tanks if that's any indication.

The midas is swimming out front and very active, I'm so glad. :-D The anthias is now eating pellets too so it's been a good couple days in Careyland. LOL

I will probably make a new tanks video on Monday, got to recharge my camera battery hehe....but I will try to get some more pictures!

I have to admit, the best thing I could have done was adding the new fish, my tangs are now out and swimming together, the whole tank has come alive it seems. Clowns have for the first time in like 6 months comeout of the back rear right corner and actually swim in the front now! I am so pleased!
I am glad everything is going well! It sounds like the tank is very active, it must be fun to watch! :)
Here is the last video of my tanks, hoping to make a new one on Monday

003 - YouTube

I can't wait for the new video!

I was gonna take it tonight but the blues are due on any minute so I'll wait for the afternoon when everything is awake and open and looking it's finest. :-D

I'm thinking of adding a flame hawk and two female squareback anthias. I believe that will complete the tank. FINALLY. LOL It's still a bit open most of the time, the fish tend to swim right dead center in a big group. The "tang gang" as I call them even swim in a 3 fish school, its awesome to watch, i hope I can get that on video to show you guys.

I was gonna take it tonight but the blues are due on any minute so I'll wait for the afternoon when everything is awake and open and looking it's finest. :-D

I'm thinking of adding a flame hawk and two female squareback anthias. I believe that will complete the tank. FINALLY. LOL It's still a bit open most of the time, the fish tend to swim right dead center in a big group. The "tang gang" as I call them even swim in a 3 fish school, its awesome to watch, i hope I can get that on video to show you guys.

I bet it looks great! I think the Anthias' and the Flame Hawk would look fantastic!

How many fish do you have right now? I was just wondering so I can get a rough ballpark of about how many I could put in my future 180 gallon. Thank you.

I have a pair of misbarred orange oscellaris, a lawnmower blenny, a pink spotted watchman goby, midas blenny, the anthias, 5 reef chromis, and three tangs, a tomini, yellow and blue. So that means I have 14 in all. Wow, it just doesn't seem like that many when youre right here in front of the tank.

I mean I never see the lawnmower or the goby so thats like 12 fish I guess. LOL I think I may be a bit overstocked, or will be after adding 3 more fish.

I've been thinking of a future upgrade, which would be either a 180 or a 220. As far as stocking a 180 it would totally depend on the fish, but I don't see why you couldnt have a stocking like mine plus maybe another 6 fish. What do you have in mind for a tank? A 180 reef? FOWLR? Any ideas what you'd WANT to put in it? Aggressive or happy? LOL

If you are worried about overstocking, just add one fish at a time and keep an eye on your parameters. :)

I am planning on a 180 gallon happy reef!

Back
Top Bottom