Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I have more bad news. :-( The 5th chromi is still missing, assumed dead. But now my female clown fish is missing. my b/f is quite upset as this is the one sw fish he picked out. Are they known to hide or anything, we were hoping maybe she was laying eggs or something. I've checked everywhere she could be, not around the tank or in the filtration either so she must still be in the tank.

Sorry:( good luck finding him. You never know, it's a 125 with 200lbs of rock there's alot of places for him to be.

I am also sorry about the situation. Best of luck! Maybe the two fish are hiding just like your Firefish was!

Hope that it's not the case!

I couldn't imagine trying to look through all that rock for it. :/

haven't found the clown or the chromi. :-(

Being as that clown was the only fish my b/f had as far as sw we are going out tomorrow to have him pick out another fish. I know we should be looking for a clown in the same or larger size than the male we still have left. Any other consirdations ya think?

carey said:
haven't found the clown or the chromi. :-(

Being as that clown was the only fish my b/f had as far as sw we are going out tomorrow to have him pick out another fish. I know we should be looking for a clown in the same or larger size than the male we still have left. Any other consirdations ya think?

Sorry about your fish. :(. What about a Clown with no stripes?

The one that went missing was a misbar, and the b/f doesnt like the naked clowns, will just have to see what he picks put tomorrow. They had caramel clowns today when i went, I like em too. But we'll see. lol

carey said:
The one that went missing was a misbar, and the b/f doesnt like the naked clowns, will just have to see what he picks put tomorrow. They had caramel clowns today when i went, I like em too. But we'll see. lol

Haha, what do Caramel Clowns look like?

The orange part is a little blackish like, kinda like a dark caramel color, the white markings really stand out too.

My only concern, though slight, is that I don't have a qt up and running. This fish is gonna go right in the tank after acclimating. Not the best choice, I could set up a 10g empty tank I have but I feel confident on this one time, with this single fish that it'll be ok. Least that's what I keep telling myself

carey said:
The orange part is a little blackish like, kinda like a dark caramel color, the white markings really stand out too.

My only concern, though slight, is that I don't have a qt up and running. This fish is gonna go right in the tank after acclimating. Not the best choice, I could set up a 10g empty tank I have but I feel confident on this one time, with this single fish that it'll be ok. Least that's what I keep telling myself

Just make sure the fish look healthy in the store, :). I am not sure if I will use a QT tank, with a new pet store with people I have known for years in it, I think I trust them. I could always have them keep in there for a little while I suppose.

I don't know, I will probably set up one anyway, LOL. Better be safe than sorry.

hate to say it, but the one time you DONT do a qt would be the one time that something would hitchhike in... id do it no matter how healthy they look.

Just got back with a mocha clown for my b/f. :-D it is acclimating right now. Hope it will work things put with the other clown though.

Also got a nice 4-5 mushroom rock too for my 20g.

Something for everyone.

heres a shoddy picture of the new clown. He's a bit darker in the orange shade and his black lines are much more vivid. Very nice addition.

img_1639470_0_ba904644fa79e83bc8b1e3fd730f466e.jpg

Thanks!

Just placed him in the tank, the two clowns are already bickering after five minutes. Hopefully this goes well. :)

here's a shot of him in the tank with my clown.

img_1639527_0_1e3f30f5608eb478e327fd3c033a4d7e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom