Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The upgrade for this tank to a 180 or 220 will probably begin next year sometime. :-( I still have to get the 90g fowlr up and running. As fate would have it I think I am buying someones 75g setup complete. I figure I'll paint the stand and use it for my 90g and take all the rest and use it in my setups and sell whatever i don't use.

Going to buy the 75g setup between now and wednesday when I get paid, or sooner than payday if i can sell my 55g setup or my metal halide light. :-D

Awesome! So you have a 90, and 220 or 180 in your future? Cool! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

I've been thinking of combining my 29g cube and my 20g rimless into one tank. :-D A 60g rimless cube. LOL But hoping for the 90g to be up and running before christmas. With the stand being possible in the next few days theres a good chance of it. I hope anyways.

I do lots of things. hehehe...some make money and some don't unfortunately.

I love me some tomatoes! ;-)

I've seen bry's thread, and yeah, it is an awesome tank. I hope to get there with my rimless one day. LOL

So I need opinions please...I am going to look at a 75g setup tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy it but not quite sure what to do with it. LOL

I want it for the stand primarily for the 90g tank BUT this all comes with the setup:
48" Sunpod halides 2 X 150 watt light 6 months old, bulbs 6 months old too
Reef octopus skimmer
JBJ ATO
Homemade 20g sump which actually looks really good
UV sterilizer
Mag 7 return pump
CPR continuous overflow
75g black tank and a 40" tall!! stand

I was thinking on just plopping the 90g on top and using the current system for it OR even just using the 75g setup instead of the 90g and selling the new wet/dry and drilled 90g tank off.
OR I could use the stand and sump for the 75g, put the ATO in the 125g and keep the overflow for my eventual upgrade of the 20g rimless.

So many options, not sure what to do. I'm also pretty sure the HQI lights are way over kill for the 90g FOWLR so I might sell them off or keep them or sell them with the 55g and use the T5's from that tank.

Help...I'm so confused right now and excited. Havent bought a tank in a few months and this one is a steal.

use the 90g as your fowlr. take the stand from the 75 for it.

make a sump for a big saltwater out of the tank.

sell the rest of the stuff you dont use here for cheap and help out some of the people just getting into the hobby. well not so cheap you go in the hole. but you get what i mean. the skimmer and pump and overflow would be awesome to have.

Yeah, this is an uber deal. Bout $300 bucks for it all. lol I've been waiting for a good deal to come along. I figure I can sell the tank and lights for $300 and get the rest all for free. He also has 2- two little fishies reactors I think he said he was gonna throw in. And yep, U already was thinking the tank could be useful as a sump for the future 180 or 220g but I don't see them getting started til next year some time.

I agree with Jesse - 90 gallon for the FOWLR. Sell off the 75 with whichever lights that you'd like, use whatever else you can on your current tanks, and sell off the rest.

Just found that fifth chromi that went missing...:-( he was in the cabinet under the tank on the floor. He musta jumped out the back of the tank and landed underneath. :-( Poor thing...

Searched high and low for the clown too but he wasnt under there. At least I know what happened to him, some closure at least. I hate fish just "disappearing" and you never know exactly what went wrong

Thanks twictch, I almost cried when I saw him there. If only I had looked the day he went missing..can't think like that i suppose. It was just fate unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom