Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, it says they can't be kept in groups though. :-( That was my first idea for a schooling fish. lol

How many fish is too many fish in a 125 kelsey? I need to know if I'm overstocking in my plans

I know, it says they can't be kept in groups though. :-( That was my first idea for a schooling fish. lol

How many fish is too many fish in a 125 kelsey? I need to know if I'm overstocking in my plans

Yah you would have to get a mated pair I guess if anything and I don't think thats an option haha, one is still awesome. What is your stocking list so far (including fish you already have pls)?? I know I've read it once on here but now I can't find it again lol

Current-
2 b&w clowns
1 lawnmower blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Pink spotted watchman

Want-
1 atlantic blue tang
1 yellow tang
4-5 schooling fish (could drop this idea if it meant I could have everything else)
1 tilefish
1 mandarin
1 sand sifting goby

wow that looks like a lot! i got the 6 foot tank so that should help.
:-D

Yah I'd say your at your max there, if you are keeping up with your weekly water changes you might be fine with that list (which you are). The 4-5 schooling fish are kind of iffy but I think if everything gets along and you are keeping the water conditions great than it should be okay. I know all these fish will happen over a long period of time so who knows, you might feel complete after getting the 10 fish.

I saw on the last page you were looking at the anthias for the schooling fish, I think they are a great idea. Very pretty fish, I am looking to add some to our large tank again (we lost our others awhile back).

The darts school amazingly in my tank... the anthis not so much at this time but I just got them today so we will have to see.

I love how they look, both male and female. :) I was thinking them or maybe darfish as the schoolers....but they would most likely be awhile off. Then again I'm not adding the mandarin for awhile either. And the filefish is a wish fish. so I'll prob end up with less fish in the end....

Well there is the overstocked by crowding and the overstocked by biological filtration cap. The bio one you can tell when you start to have ammonia or nitrites or your nitrates are out of control.

I did some research and it seems the dartfish are jumpers. :-( It will be either anthias or darts if I can find any that don't jump LOL

I think with 20g pwcs a week i should be ok as far as my biological filtration. And I don't think my tank will be physically overstocked . I don't think so anyways. Most of the fish I'll have are gonna be kinda small

Today I will hopefully get the tank cleaned on the underside and get it painted and sealed. Thats my goal for today lol
Then I just gotta wait for my stuff to start arriving!

Flake said:
those purple tilefish are notoriously hard to get eating.

Really? I hadn't seen that discussed before. Figures. I'll do some more research. Thanks for the heads up!

grrrrrr I'm having no luck picking fish it seems. But at least I know I like the tangs. :) They will probably be the first thing I add once I'm up and running.

Back
Top Bottom